North East Buses

Full Version: Fleet Refurbishment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(22 Oct 2020, 12:38 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Gateshead is a town not a city. I'd imagine they are just referring to Newcastle when they say city.
But Newcastle isn't a city, it's a toon
(22 Oct 2020, 2:08 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]But Newcastle isn't a city, it's a toon
Scraping the barrel there like
(22 Oct 2020, 2:08 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]But Newcastle isn't a city, it's a toon

How do I dislike a post? 

Wink
(22 Oct 2020, 12:31 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]It's the term our city that some people on the Gateshead side people might have issue with. Some people in Gateshead don't like being lumped into Newcastle, it's not 'our city' to them. The problems with the pollution are on the Gateshead site of the water as much as the Newcastle side as that's where the pollution station is so the LEZ isn't only there to help Newcastle it's there for Gateshead aswell which isn't part of the 'city'.

There's a reason why local media advertisements always uses our region and it's for this exact reason. There's a real barrier down the river and anything south of it doesn't like being part of Newcastle and it's all down to the fact of in the old days anything North of the river is Northumberland and anything South is County Durham.

It's nothing to do with the low emissions.

I don’t think everyone is quite as petty as you’re suggesting. Some people, maybe, but I don’t think it’s as big an issue as you make out.

I’ve plenty of friends who live in Gateshead who have no problems with Newcastle being associated as their closest city. At university they’d describe themselves as being “from Newcastle” rather than “from Gateshead”, as nobody knows where the latter is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(22 Oct 2020, 6:48 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I don’t think everyone is quite as petty as you’re suggesting. Some people, maybe, but I don’t think it’s as big an issue as you make out.

I’ve plenty of friends who live in Gateshead who have no problems with Newcastle being associated as their closest city. At university they’d describe themselves as being “from Newcastle” rather than “from Gateshead”, as nobody knows where the latter is.

And let's be real, who really wants to say they're from Gateshead. It's almost as bad as admitting you're from Sunderland Tongue
(22 Oct 2020, 6:48 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I don’t think everyone is quite as petty as you’re suggesting. Some people, maybe, but I don’t think it’s as big an issue as you make out.

Completely agree, it’s all Greater Newcastle really or part of a Newcastle City Region if it wasn’t for ridiculous old council boundaries & local politicians grasping onto their own little bit of power instead of becoming a single authority area. 

The majority of joe public won’t nip pick over something written on the side of a bus, and most would say they’re from Newcastle anyway. I know people from Tynemouth, Blyth & Cramlington who say they’re from Newcastle, and Whickham’s postal address includes Newcastle upon Tyne despite being south of the river. So yeah, I really don’t think it’s an issue either.
(22 Oct 2020, 7:11 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Completely agree, it’s all Greater Newcastle really or part of a Newcastle City Region if it wasn’t for ridiculous old council boundaries & local politicians grasping onto their own little bit of power instead of becoming a single authority area. 

The majority of joe public won’t nip pick over something written on the side of a bus, and most would say they’re from Newcastle anyway. I know people from Tynemouth, Blyth & Cramlington who say they’re from Newcastle, and Whickham’s postal address includes Newcastle upon Tyne despite being south of the river. So yeah, I really don’t think it’s an issue either.
When lived in burnopfield, had gateshead telephone number, derwentside council, in county Durham, but address was Newcastle  Smile
(22 Oct 2020, 7:14 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]When lived in burnopfield, had gateshead telephone number, derwentside council, in county Durham, but address was Newcastle  Smile

When we lived in Chopwell (eugh, the embarrasment), we had a Newcastle address, Gateshead Council, Consett phone number, and if you travelled 1 mile north you were in Northumberland, and 1 mile south you were in County Durham. 

Isn't Burnopfield also an 01207 area giving it a Consett phone number?
(22 Oct 2020, 7:36 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]When we lived in Chopwell (eugh, the embarrasment), we had a Newcastle address, Gateshead Council, Consett phone number, and if you travelled 1 mile north you were in Northumberland, and 1 mile south you were in County Durham. 

Isn't Burnopfield also an 01207 area giving it a Consett phone number?
Mine was 0191 4XXXXXX
(22 Oct 2020, 7:44 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Mine was 0191 4XXXXXX

Must have two dialling codes then, my uncle lives in Burnopfield and his is 01207.

Staying slightly off topic, I absolutely hate 4 digit dialling codes, they completely ruin the way you say the number! So far, my favourite dialling code has been 01388

Oh definitely, it's becoming a minority nowadays really. Always seems to be more of an age generation thing where older people just still think they're part of Durham and also despise the fact that they wrecked Gateshead in the 60's/70's. I definitely know someone though who if I said he was from Newcastle he wouldn't have it though.

(22 Oct 2020, 7:11 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Completely agree, it’s all Greater Newcastle really or part of a Newcastle City Region if it wasn’t for ridiculous old council boundaries & local politicians grasping onto their own little bit of power instead of becoming a single authority area. 

I'm not sure about Newcastle City Region mind. Tyne and Wear definitely, maybe Tyneside at a push since Sunderland are petty as hell half the time but Sunderland and Newcastle are the same metropolitian area imo like the West Midlands with Birmingham, Dudley, Wolverhampton etc.

It's funny though I'm from near Whitley and I'd never say I'm from Newcastle definitely always Whitley and most people I know would aswell. Also Whickham having a Newcastle address is just weird god knows how that's come around.
The latest news update, shows that some of the Q3 Versa's has been temp withdrawn, allowing to go to Bus and Coach world for a repaint, then when back, new seats and USB ports will be added - along with the rebrand "Quaycity"

5385 - 5388/8310 - 8312 (7) are the Versa's took out of service at the minute.
10 regs are listed as being repainted at Read Commercials at Accrington rather than Blackburn. Presume the use of two suppliers is to help speed the process up a bit?
(25 Oct 2020, 5:41 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]10 regs are listed as being repainted at Read Commercials at Accrington rather than Blackburn. Presume the use of two suppliers is to help speed the process up a bit?

Must of misread!

Ye hopefully, I would imagine, all the of the Quaylink Versa's will get done, there's currently 23 branded.
On the 81/82/83/84 why does the NSA say the bus terminates at the galleries when technically it doesn't. I think they should change this so that people know which number it changes to.
(25 Oct 2020, 5:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Must of misread!

Ye hopefully, I would imagine, all the of the Quaylink Versa's will get done, there's currently 23 branded.

Has it been said that the Q1 and Q2 are being redone?
(27 Oct 2020, 12:16 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Has it been said that the Q1 and Q2 are being redone?

Don't think so but I think they will, would be daft not too.
(27 Oct 2020, 12:51 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Don't think so but I think they will, would be daft not too.

Yeah true, unless they're next in line for electric vehicles. God knows tbh.
(27 Oct 2020, 2:02 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Yeah true, unless they're next in line for electric vehicles. God knows tbh.
Believe they have funding for a 2nd batch of 9 electric vehicles. Has been rumoured for the 58
(22 Oct 2020, 7:11 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]And let's be real, who really wants to say they're from Gateshead. It's almost as bad as admitting you're from Sunderland Tongue

Lauren Laverne is quite proud to say she's from Sunderland.  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14