North East Buses

Full Version: Next Stop Announcement Systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(10 Aug 2022, 9:36 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Is QuayCity one of the routes to not have NSAs now?

The 1 doesn't have them ethier. They stopped working during the metro line closure
I don't think the X20 does well they were not working when I got the X20 to Arnison Centre from Durham.
Seems to be whichever routes got updated or changed. The 1 will probably be having the nsa fitted where it leaves Gateshead now

58 doesn't have them. 56 I'm not sure as haven't been on it but probably same case as the 310 where it doesn't have the announcement for part of the route it does on an evening
(10 Aug 2022, 10:41 am)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]Seems to be whichever routes got updated or changed. The 1 will probably be having the nsa fitted where it leaves Gateshead now

58 doesn't have them. 56 I'm not sure as haven't been on it but probably same case as the 310 where it doesn't have the announcement for part of the route it does on an evening

The 56 and 58 both have next stop announcements programmed.

The evening 310 journeys via Hadrian Park also have next stop announcements programmed but a different destination code needs to be used.
X20, 35,35A ,39,39A&B ,61,61A, don't have working next stop announcements.Service 20 towards Sunderland is announcing Hillside Way,Lidl instead of Houghton Church service 5 is announcing old route and not Calf Close.
(10 Aug 2022, 1:08 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The 56 and 58 both have next stop announcements programmed.

The evening 310 journeys via Hadrian Park also have next stop announcements programmed but a different destination code needs to be used.

When I was on the late evening 56s a few weeks ago, the journeys did not have NSAs. Probably a similar issue with the 310, with its small diversion to serve Beacon Lough.
(10 Aug 2022, 1:08 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The 56 and 58 both have next stop announcements programmed.

Why aren't the 1 nsa fixed yet. I mean granted it must take months to do them

3 months to change North Shields Northumberland Square to Albion Road Upper Norfolk Street

10 months to change North Shields Howard Street to Stephenson Street (the joy that came when I heard that)

1 nsa between Gateshead & Newcastle not fitted yet
(10 Aug 2022, 2:59 pm)Adtrainsam wrote [ -> ]When I was on the late evening 56s a few weeks ago, the journeys did not have NSAs. Probably a similar issue with the 310, with its small diversion to serve Beacon Lough.

No, they just didn't work for the first week, they've been updated since. The driver simply puts Newcastle via Beacon Lough, rather than just Newcastle on the display.
(10 Aug 2022, 2:52 pm)Retro Nero wrote [ -> ]X20, 35,35A ,39,39A&B ,61,61A, don't have working next stop announcements.Service 20 towards Sunderland is announcing Hillside Way,Lidl instead of Houghton Church service 5 is announcing old route and not Calf Close.
Service 26 doesn't announce kirkstone Avenue
Am I right in presuming services that terminate on Market St haven’t had their NSAs and destinations changed to Worswick St, if we’re still waiting for service change related NSA updates?

I think they should be as Worswick St will be used until at least October.
I suppose the next stop announcements won't be updated until September now , once the changes are in
(15 Aug 2022, 2:55 pm)Retro Nero wrote [ -> ]I suppose the next stop announcements won't be updated until September now , once the changes are in
And then will have to be re-done come whenever the next service changes are
Noticed on the 21 earlier, that the NSAs now say '...for Microbus, Axis Micro Pubs and...'
(26 Aug 2022, 8:30 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Noticed on the 21 earlier, that the NSAs now say '...for Microbus, Axis Micro Pubs and...'
Meanwhile other services don't have any...
(26 Aug 2022, 8:50 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Meanwhile other services don't have any...

The next stop announcements on the 21 haven’t changed - what Adrian mentioned earlier is the same announcement that’s been played for however long people on this forum have been twisting about it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was on the 27 to newcastle this week and im sure the NSA says something out of the ordinary just before the lidl and aldi at Pelaw........ but i didn't catch what?
(26 Aug 2022, 8:50 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Meanwhile other services don't have any...

To be fair, most GNE services must have NSAs now? Their percentage is very high compared to most other networks, or indeed other operators up here.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
The 34 has NSAs now. They didn't for a while
Service 5 has been updated.
Service 35/35A has been updated but only announces "Next stop" on Cotswold Lane with no stop mentioned
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21