North East Buses

Full Version: Next Stop Announcement Systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(06 Dec 2023, 6:57 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]I drove 6099 the other day and the NSAs weren't working. It didn't autochange along Gateshead High Street to say Market Street either, must need repairing.

If only there had been a period of time leading up to this event, when the organisation could have carried out a full audit of all its vehicles and the kit on it. Ahead of rolling out a plan of fixes and repairs when the vehicles were off the road. 

Assuming it hadn't just broken at some point beyond Saturday morning of course.
(06 Dec 2023, 7:08 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]If only there had been a period of time leading up to this event, when the organisation could have carried out a full audit of all its vehicles and the kit on it. Ahead of rolling out a plan of fixes and repairs when the vehicles were off the road. 

Maybe this did happen, and any buses which were identified as needing repairs are currently waiting for the supplier to come out to fix them.

Assuming the supplier has other customers and couldn’t come out to Go North East immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06 Dec 2023, 7:29 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Maybe this did happen, and any buses which were identified as needing repairs are currently waiting for the supplier to come out to fix them.

Assuming the supplier has other customers and couldn’t come out to Go North East immediately.

If it did happen, I applaud them. Nothing like using time productively.

I'd be disappointed if the supplier couldn't get out though. Particularly if there are SLA's in place and the GNE fleet were sitting there doing nothing but waiting for a fix.
(06 Dec 2023, 7:08 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]If only there had been a period of time leading up to this event, when the organisation could have carried out a full audit of all its vehicles and the kit on it. Ahead of rolling out a plan of fixes and repairs when the vehicles were off the road. 

I’d have thought or hoped that those staff would have been out supporting the contract and then skeleton services as opposed to fixing a system we all hate.
(06 Dec 2023, 9:18 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ] as opposed to fixing a system we all hate.

Do we?
(06 Dec 2023, 9:18 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]I’d have thought or hoped that those staff would have been out supporting the contract and then skeleton services as opposed to fixing a system we all hate.

Even the ones who can't drive or don't have bus licenses?

The rest aye, but they need to keep the others busy and productive.
I'd have thought it would be the perfect task and an opportunity to put right all those little issues that existed.
(06 Dec 2023, 9:53 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Even the ones who can't drive or don't have bus licenses?

The rest aye, but they need to keep the others busy and productive.
I'd have thought it would be the perfect task and an opportunity to put right all those little issues that existed.

Indeed. A good use of their time, especially given that these systems must be fitted and operational, by law, from 1 October 2024 (starting with any bus which was first registered after 1 October 2019).

How come the 47 is still making announcements as if it runs non stop between Metrocentre and Central Station?
This was flagged with customer services who passed it on two months ago, yet it’s still not sorted and still causing confusion.
isn't it?
(07 Dec 2023, 9:03 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]isn't it?

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/services/G...2023-12-07&direction=outbound&all=on

Not according to this.

(07 Dec 2023, 7:55 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]How come the 47 is still making announcements as if it runs non stop between Metrocentre and Central Station?
This was flagged with customer services who passed it on two months ago, yet it’s still not sorted and still causing confusion.

All this time to get things in order. Just the simple things. And they can't.
how my times do they want to change it
Seems more announcement have been added to certain stops or some have changed. I know the 1 after North Shields Transport Hub still mentioned Savile Street
(06 Dec 2023, 7:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]If it did happen, I applaud them. Nothing like using time productively.

I'd be disappointed if the supplier couldn't get out though. Particularly if there are SLA's in place and the GNE fleet were sitting there doing nothing but waiting for a fix.

Perhaps the suppliers staff wouldn’t cross a picket line to enter Depots to fix buses
(08 Dec 2023, 11:30 am)busmanT wrote [ -> ]Perhaps the suppliers staff wouldn’t cross a picket line to enter Depots to fix buses

In which case, they need to be more productive!
been on 8 buses since drivers returned. Non had NSA working and all had a blank screen.
(09 Dec 2023, 11:40 am)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]been on 8 buses since drivers returned. Non had NSA working and all had a blank screen.
If you know the numbers or routes/dates/times, send it to customer services so they can be checked? hello@gonortheast.co.uk

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
I was on a Tyne Bridge route today and after departing Gateshead Interchange it announced the next stop was simply ‘Askew Road’. No waffle about the made up railway quarter and which pubs to alight for if you fancied a drink.
Has Martijn’s announcement been removed for Wellington St on the outbound journeys too? (Hoping so!)
(06 Dec 2023, 5:24 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Was following 6099 yesterday and it changed its destination to say '56 Newcastle' but the NSA screen was scrolling along it being a 56 to Sunderland. Is that by design?
6100 too going up Fawcett Street yesterday. Newcastle on the front but the interior screen rekoned it was still Sunderland bound.
(09 Dec 2023, 11:40 am)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]been on 8 buses since drivers returned. Non had NSA working and all had a blank screen.

(13 Dec 2023, 9:55 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]I was on a Tyne Bridge route today and after departing Gateshead Interchange it announced the next stop was simply ‘Askew Road’. No waffle about the made up railway quarter and which pubs to alight for if you fancied a drink.
Has Martijn’s announcement been removed for Wellington St on the outbound journeys too? (Hoping so!)
The announcement for the railway quarter is on journeys from Newcastle towards Gateshead Interchange
(14 Dec 2023, 5:38 pm)Retro Nero wrote [ -> ]The announcement for the railway quarter is on journeys from Newcastle towards Gateshead Interchange

Urgh, still.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21