North East Buses

Full Version: QuayCity VOLTRA Yutong E12's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
In case anyone is wondering, 5804 is in service, it just not tracking.
Hang on a second, so the Q3 Wallsend/St Peter’s Basin-bound which actually passes Haymarket Bus Station anyway, doesn’t call into the bus station, but the Q3 Great Park-bound which doesn’t naturally pass Haymarket Bus Station snakes back on itself so it can call there!?
(06 Sep 2022, 5:04 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Hang on a second, so the Q3 Wallsend/St Peter’s Basin-bound which actually passes Haymarket Bus Station anyway, doesn’t call into the bus station, but the Q3 Great Park-bound which doesn’t naturally pass Haymarket Bus Station snakes back on itself so it can call there!?
Its odd.

It also serves two stops on Newgate Street: the one the X10 used and the next one along outside Debenhams...

[Image: 480e1d1ff4da383b407c1027caf3c127.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
(06 Sep 2022, 5:04 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Hang on a second, so the Q3 Wallsend/St Peter’s Basin-bound which actually passes Haymarket Bus Station anyway, doesn’t call into the bus station, but the Q3 Great Park-bound which doesn’t naturally pass Haymarket Bus Station snakes back on itself so it can call there!?

It stops on St.Mary's Place near Haymarket on the Wallsend/St.Peter's Basin bound journey's, I think they removed it from Haymarket to improve reliability of the service as it did also at one point serve Eldon Square Bus Station.

I got on 5809 this morning and other than the vehicle of course being longer and different style seating which I found uncomfortable to begin with sharp got more comfortable during the journey to work, one thing I would say the E12 struggled with was the road navigation through Jesmond due to a mix of poor road layout and badly parked cars and those horrendous cycle lanes which certainly something for Newcastle Council to have a look at otherwise like the E10's they are very well built.

The idea of that is because all the Great North Road services serve Haymarket and I'm not sure if it still is subsidised but it started as a subsidised service from the Haymarket - Great Park.

Heading South, the services don't head towards Wallsend etc from Haymarket so there's no point in serving it, most people get off on St Mary's Place anyway so it can save a few minutes

imo the Q3 should do the same route around Newcastle since it doesn't loop anymore so you can get a bus from say Newgate Street to the Quayside but there's no return service in the opposite direction so doesn't make much sense.
(06 Sep 2022, 7:47 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]The idea of that is because all the Great North Road services serve Haymarket and I'm not sure if it still is subsidised but it started as a subsidised service from the Haymarket - Great Park.

Heading South, the services don't head towards Wallsend etc from Haymarket so there's no point in serving it, most people get off on St Mary's Place anyway so it can save a few minutes

imo the Q3 should do the same route around Newcastle since it doesn't loop anymore so you can get a bus from say Newgate Street to the Quayside but there's no return service in the opposite direction so doesn't make much sense.

I kinda get that logic but it’s a complete pain for passengers already onboard to have to trail around the loop instead of just serving John Dobson St and then turning right towards Jesmond.
When the 57/58 ran cross-city and served the Coast Rd it never looped around into Haymarket just because the other Coast Rd services picked up from there. 

I agree the Q3 route should be simplified to use Market St/Grainger St/Newgate St/Percy St in both directions. 
A little bit off topic i know, but sampled one of the new Q3 yutong E12's yesterday i cannot remember which on as i was in a hurry but they are very nice buses. they're quiet as any electric buses and no rattles and very nippy. nice purchase by GNE
(07 Sep 2022, 8:53 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]I kinda get that logic but it’s a complete pain for passengers already onboard to have to trail around the loop instead of just serving John Dobson St and then turning right towards Jesmond.
When the 57/58 ran cross-city and served the Coast Rd it never looped around into Haymarket just because the other Coast Rd services picked up from there. 

I agree the Q3 route should be simplified to use Market St/Grainger St/Newgate St/Percy St in both directions. 

Serving Haymarket and the route taken round the city stems from the original version of Quaylink - when the St Peters Basin service was the Q2 and terminated at Haymarket. Easier to access Haymarket arriving from St Mary's Place than it is from Percy Street (no traffic to cross). Let's not forget that it has always served Haymarket even prior to the change to serve Jesmond and Osbourne Road earlier in the year.
(07 Sep 2022, 11:03 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Serving Haymarket and the route taken round the city stems from the original version of Quaylink - when the St Peters Basin service was the Q2 and terminated at Haymarket. Easier to access Haymarket arriving from St Mary's Place than it is from Percy Street (no traffic to cross). Let's not forget that it has always served Haymarket even prior to the change to serve Jesmond and Osbourne Road earlier in the year.

Yeah, just once it was sent via Osborne Rd you’d have thought it’d have been better to remove the loop back to straighten it out a bit and reduce journey times
But by going into the Haymarket it will pick up passengers waiting for any service going up the Great North Road towards Brunton `Park.
(08 Sep 2022, 8:09 am)RMF1254 wrote [ -> ]But by going into the Haymarket it will pick up passengers waiting for any service going up the Great North Road towards Brunton `Park.

and there are alot of these.  I've seen people leave the arriva service and gat on the Q3, QA, QB, Q£ or whatever number its called this week. Although i guess these custemer could go to mucnchies/greggs bus stop and get it for there ( which is always busy due to the drop off from coast road and the 30/31 stopping there or from opposite the civic
(07 Sep 2022, 11:14 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Yeah, just once it was sent via Osborne Rd you’d have thought it’d have been better to remove the loop back to straighten it out a bit and reduce journey times

See personally I'd extend the route around Newcastle, something like this - https://www.google.com/maps/dir/54.96922...93!1m0!3e2

It's absolutely mental that there's 4 hotels down there (Travelodge, Innside, Copthorpe and Crowne Plaza) and none of them have a bus route to Newcastle without a long walk or a trek up a hill, not to mention the St Peter's / Quayside Eastern Side / Ouseburn links to the Central Station which don't exist atm. Not to mention that it connects pretty much any point in the city next to the route in comparison to the current North route, in particular, which just skirts around and misses everything.

Has the potential to pick up a few customer's imo, not to mention Dene Street is an absolute pain in the arse which takes ages as the buses struggle to pass.
[Image: 52342782306_c047558263_z.jpg]Go North East quaycity Voltra 5806 / NL72 EUB by Liam Hall, on Flickr

5806 has been delivered

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sbrignall72@gmail.com

5804 was today tracking as 5801.
Don't know the details, but apparently one has already been in an accident. One of our drivers said it was parked up on an X24 stand, with a big gash taken out the side from the emergency door to the back, and the back panel was crooked.
(13 Sep 2022, 2:16 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Don't know the details, but apparently one has already been in an accident. One of our drivers said it was parked up on an X24 stand, with a big gash taken out the side from the emergency door to the back, and the back panel was crooked.
Well according to Bustimes 5808 was lasted tracked around pilgrim street/market street this morning around 9:30-9:45 and I believe the X24 stands near there, so it must be this one.
Haven't seen this reported. 5806 entered service on Wednesday on the Q3, it is seen here on Thursday on Stotts Road in Daisy Hill (estate between Wallsend and Walkergate.)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...2377852205
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but on the NSA, how are the Q3s referred to, is it just Quaycity Q3, or do they do Quaycity Voltra Q3?
(23 Sep 2022, 12:18 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but on the NSA, how are the Q3s referred to, is it just Quaycity Q3, or do they do Quaycity Voltra Q3?

Do any of the Q3s have fully working NSAs. None of the ones I have been on north of Haymarket have any stop information. All you get is 'Next Stop' but then silence. They seem to start working again once you get onto Gosforth High Street.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16