North East Buses

Full Version: QuayCity VOLTRA Yutong E12's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Has anymore arrived?
(08 Jul 2022, 6:54 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Realistically, does the spare even need to be electric?
It makes more sense to have the spare be a regular diesel as even a brand new one is half the price of an electric.
What you haven't realized or probably heard is that the Clean Air Zone for Newcastle/Gateshead comes in later this year, so no it doesn't make sense for the spare to be diesel.
(04 Aug 2022, 11:06 am)adavies3774 wrote [ -> ]What you haven't realized or probably heard is that the Clean Air Zone for Newcastle/Gateshead comes in later this year, so no it doesn't make sense for the spare to be diesel.

Except a Euro 6 diesel is exempt?
I hope they don't rebrand QA/QB Voltra 2, it is an awful name
(04 Aug 2022, 12:56 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I hope they don't rebrand QA/QB Voltra 2, it is an awful name
Nah it wont have 2 in it. This is just advertised as the 2nd Voltra hence the name 'Voltra 2'.
(04 Aug 2022, 1:32 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]Nah it wont have 2 in it. This is just advertised as the 2nd Voltra hence the name 'Voltra 2'.
Better not be Voltra again. Just keep it QuayCity
(04 Aug 2022, 1:32 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]Nah it wont have 2 in it. This is just advertised as the 2nd Voltra hence the name 'Voltra 2'.
Voltra to Wallsend

Fancy a drink? Voltra to the Quayside.

etc etc etc
(04 Aug 2022, 1:59 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Turn to Wallsend 

Fancy a drink? Turn to the Quayside. 

(voltra means turn)
That's volta not voltra
(04 Aug 2022, 1:56 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]Better not be Voltra again. Just keep it QuayCity

For the sake of its poor passengers I agree.
(04 Aug 2022, 1:56 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]Better not be Voltra again. Just keep it QuayCity

QuayVoltra .....
(04 Aug 2022, 1:59 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Turn to Wallsend 

Fancy a drink? Turn to the Quayside. 

(voltra means turn)
Voltra are actually a voluntary non-governmental organization, registered as a charitable institution in Hong Kong

https://www.voltra.org/

Bet web traffic from the Bensham area rocketed when the voltra bus company started operating services along Coatsworth Road!
(04 Aug 2022, 3:22 pm)Ianthegoon wrote [ -> ]QuayVoltra .....
Dear God no. VoltraQuay sounds a bit better but I'd just prefer they leave it as Voltra but this is gne
call it something simple like ElectriCity. Promotes the zero emission part of it and keeps the city part of QuayCity indicating its doing that route if that makes sense. Voltra is overrated now. Fine for the first as it was the first electric bus route with GNE but using it again kills the feeling. Route needs a unique name since its big upgrade.
One of the Yutongs is registered NL72 EUE. https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/15...S9LQmhbXjA&s=19
(04 Aug 2022, 6:06 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]call it something simple like ElectriCity. Promotes the zero emission part of it and keeps the city part of QuayCity indicating its doing that route if that makes sense. Voltra is overrated now. Fine for the  first as it was the first electric bus route with GNE but using it again kills the feeling. Route needs a unique name since its big upgrade.
I just hope the name stays the same. And the branding looks a loads better than the current Voltra branding without a few stickers slapped on
(04 Aug 2022, 6:31 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]I just hope the name stays the same. And the branding looks a loads better than the current Voltra branding without a few stickers slapped on
Yeah, QuayCity would be nice to see even if in Voltra Font. I agree, Yellow/Orange looks much nicer
(04 Aug 2022, 6:20 pm)wibblejunior wrote [ -> ]One of the Yutongs is registered NL72 EUE. https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/15...S9LQmhbXjA&s=19
McKenna brothers look to be having Christmas in Corfu based on the Go Ahead/Best Impressions work!
(04 Aug 2022, 8:43 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]McKenna brothers look to be having Christmas in Corfu based on the Go Ahead/Best Impressions work!
All those liveries and not a single bit of variety between them bar the colours. Good grief.

Having said that, those open top deckers on the left look nice.
Tbh I'm more annoyed that its gonna be exactly the same as Voltra. If the silver had have been done yellow like the QuayCity livery. Then I would have been fine with it
(04 Aug 2022, 8:43 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]McKenna brothers look to be having Christmas in Corfu based on the Go Ahead/Best Impressions work!

As far as I'm aware they designed them, copying BI work. I know MCR definitely isn't Best Impressions as it got slated for pretty much ripping their work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16