North East Buses

Full Version: QuayCity VOLTRA Yutong E12's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(19 Jul 2022, 12:25 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]A few questions:

What is the QA/QB PVR?
Where would the versas go to?
Versa's could either go onto the 28/29 to replace the 09/10 plate Euro 6 buses. 

Or be a replacement for the 57. 

Because I don't know without these 10 (i think) electric buses coming would they have enough, 28/29 PVR is 5, leaving 5+1 (5390) is the 57 PVR. 

I think this will make all the Riverside Euro 6 buses 11' Plates or Higher, with 63' Plate Single Deckers minimum (i could be wrong, and probablies are)
Was the "rumour" of the 57 getting the New Yutongs, just enthusiasts created rumours as everything else in Newcastle had been pretty much rebranded
I think the yellow swoop gives the clue that it is quaycity
Also the fact the Versas wear a livery similar (in design, anyway) to the Voltras.
Are these getting delivered shortly,?
Wonder when the QuayCity Versa are due to leave Percy Main. Are they due to leave on the 24th or when the new buses arrive
(19 Jul 2022, 7:23 pm)Retro Nero wrote [ -> ]I think the yellow swoop gives the clue that it is quaycity

It's also the same (or very similar) colour of the Amazon yellow to put a twist in the tail for that though (58 serves Follingsby)

(19 Jul 2022, 7:50 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Also the fact the Versas wear a livery similar (in design, anyway) to the Voltras.

So does the Metro Centre Express buses.

I still wouldn't bet on it being the Quaycity imo it's certainly not guaranteed. Not to mention it leaves Percy Main with very little work again and Riverside an awful lot of work especially if the 10 (all boards), 21, X21, 25, 28 and 29(28A) are all moving there aswell with CLS having first choice of depot move which pretty much won't be Riverside for most as it's a pain in the arse to get to from Durham way.
There obviously going on to a Riverside service because of charging points , unless the quaycity is transferring back to Riverside.
(20 Jul 2022, 9:57 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]It's also the same (or very similar) colour of the Amazon yellow to put a twist in the tail for that though (58 serves Follingsby)

So does the Metro Centre Express buses.

I still wouldn't bet on it being the Quaycity imo it's certainly not guaranteed. Not to mention it leaves Percy Main with very little work again and Riverside an awful lot of work especially if the 10 (all boards), 21, X21, 25, 28 and 29(28A) are all moving there aswell with CLS having first choice of depot move which pretty much won't be Riverside for most as it's a pain in the arse to get to from Durham way.

PM could always get Washington locals and/or the 26 (obviously with the 26 becoming standalone) to fill that gap with some CLS work going to Washington to fill that gap
Could the north Tyneside depot become a low cost unit in the future with the coaster and cobalt and coast running from riverside depot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(21 Jul 2022, 6:12 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Could the north Tyneside depot become a low cost unit in the future with the coaster and cobalt  and coast running from riverside depot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that's something that could be an option.
I'd hazard a guess that there would be another SOD GNE campaign, strikes, sickness and issues towards any management who make the suggestion though.
(21 Jul 2022, 5:40 am)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]PM could always get Washington locals and/or the 26 (obviously with the 26 becoming standalone) to fill that gap with some CLS work going to Washington to fill that gap
26 is interworking with 24 and working from Deptford
A better look at one our new E12's, i'd definitely say they'll be going on the QA/QB (Q3) in September when they enter service as the Yellow is the same shade which is used on the Versa's.

Personally I think they should've been fully yellow thus getting rid of the silver and had them branded "QuayCity Electrics" but I think they'll end up being branded "QuayCity Voltra".

https://www.flickr.com/photos/190157780@...ateposted/
Photo by James B on Flickr.
(21 Jul 2022, 3:04 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Personally I think they should've been fully yellow thus getting rid of the silver and had them branded "QuayCity Electrics" but I think they'll end up being branded "QuayCity Voltra".

I don’t think they should add Electrics or Voltra to the end of QuayCity. 

What happens in future, will every route name have that added to the end?

Red Kite Ranger Voltra…
East Gateshead Rider Voltra…
Tyne Valley Ten Voltra…

…who the hell is going to refer to them as that?

”This is the Cobalt & Coast Hydrogen Three One One service to Hadrian Park”.
Keep it as QuayCity. The livery is pretty much the same, just with the yellow and silver reversed.
QuayCity dead. Gne wasting money again. Branding stays a year and then dies so they change the buses.

So much for them QuayCity Versa being Euro6. Bit pointless
That is another point, the QuayLink/QuayCity customers have had their service fannied about with enough over the last few years and more so recently.
I don’t think it needs its name altered again.
QuayCity dead. Gne wasting money again. Branding stays a year and then dies so they change the buses.

So much for them QuayCity Versa being Euro6. Bit pointless

twaddle, nothing has been confirmed yet.

perhaps the slight variation in the livery (ie more colour on the front and no gradients in the side curves) suggest it won't be branded as Voltra?
(21 Jul 2022, 6:19 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]twaddle, nothing has been confirmed yet.

perhaps the slight variation in the livery (ie more colour on the front and no gradients in the side curves) suggest it won't be branded as Voltra?
It's gne. It's electric. It looks really similar to the Voltra 53/54. It'll be Voltra. Be shocked if it stays QuayCity
(21 Jul 2022, 6:35 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]It's gne. It's electric. It looks really similar to the Voltra 53/54. It'll be Voltra. Be shocked if it stays QuayCity
I'd imagine it would go to Voltra, but I still call the 53/54 Saltwell park, I hate the Voltra name
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16