North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East March 2023 changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(20 Mar 2023, 7:49 pm)N1cholas wrote [ -> ]Good to see the X75 returning, must be a good money earner from the National Trust to run the service, cant see the X11 returning this year for the summer season though
Another chance to ride on a rare Yutong diesel bus on the X75!

I can't see X11 returning - I wonder if Toon Tour will surface again this year?
(20 Mar 2023, 9:45 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]Another chance to ride on a rare Yutong diesel bus on the X75!

I can't see X11 returning - I wonder if Toon Tour will surface again this year?
Can't wait!! I hope it comes back, it would be nice to see it go further this year
I know its not march yet but has the 29 changed it route?? I went straight along low fell yesterday insted of turning left towards saltwell park at the cannon!!! I didnt even notice till the NSA kicked back in at gatehsead metro.
(25 Mar 2023, 8:34 am)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]I know its not march yet but has the 29 changed it route?? I went straight along low fell yesterday insted of turning left towards saltwell park at the cannon!!! I didnt even notice till the NSA kicked back in at gatehsead metro.
No. Pass on why that happened, quick look and vast majority of trips ran as intended.
Looks like the Green Arrow E200MMC's are now on the 6 with 97 is allocated Streetlites today - Info - Bustimes.org.

I take it the Streetlites will be allocated to the 1 from Monday?
(25 Mar 2023, 12:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Looks like the Green Arrow E200MMC's are now on the 6 with 97 is allocated Streetlites today - Info - Bustimes.org.

I take it the Streetlites will be allocated to the 1 from Monday?

Yes.

The E200s have gone (or will be going) to Consett for the 6, and as the spare buses for the 78.

The Streetlites have gone in the opposite direction, but themselves will be exchanged tonight, with 5380-83 to transfer from Percy Main to Riverside.

This offers a standardised fleet at all depots (ADL at Consett, Versa at Riverside, Streetlite at Percy Main) involved with said changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(25 Mar 2023, 1:00 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes.

The E200s have gone (or will be going) to Consett for the 6, and as the spare buses for the 78.

The Streetlites have gone in the opposite direction, but themselves will be exchanged tonight, with 5380-83 to transfer from Percy Main to Riverside.

This offers a standardised fleet at all depots (ADL at Consett, Versa at Riverside, Streetlite at Percy Main) involved with said changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dan.
(25 Mar 2023, 8:34 am)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]I know its not march yet but has the 29 changed it route??  I went straight along low fell yesterday insted of turning left towards saltwell park at the cannon!!!  I didnt even notice till the NSA kicked back in at gatehsead metro.
But it is March, March the 25th
(25 Mar 2023, 1:00 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes.

Lovely Smile
Seen this tweet by Adam Coyne

Today being the last day before service changes sees 6357 operating a X10 to Newcastle. These are all due for Riverside to upgrade the 'X-Lines X21' from 26/03/23

https://twitter.com/AdamsNEphotos/status...3121567744
(25 Mar 2023, 8:34 am)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]I know its not march yet but has the 29 changed it route??  I went straight along low fell yesterday insted of turning left towards saltwell park at the cannon!!!  I didnt even notice till the NSA kicked back in at gatehsead metro.
It was only the 11:43 towards Newcastle on the day that you travelled that didnt go down to Saltwell Park, and looking at things that was a lone incident probably caused by driver error.
(25 Mar 2023, 9:12 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Seen this tweet by Adam Coyne

Today being the last day before service changes sees 6357 operating a X10 to Newcastle. These are all due for Riverside to upgrade the 'X-Lines X21' from 26/03/23

I got told today that they would all be moving to Riverside to make the whole 'X' network have a 'Xlines' spec plus the green matches the angels

The two at Deptford aren't in great health, and have been heavily vandalised inside after a year on scholars, hardly an upgrade from the '67 plate Volvos.
(25 Mar 2023, 10:29 pm)Adam Coyne wrote [ -> ]I got told today that they would all be moving to Riverside to make the whole 'X' network have a 'Xlines' spec plus the green matches the angels
So will non go to Consett or will the ones at Washington will stay there?

Today being the last day before service changes see 6357 operating an X10 to Newcastle. These are all due for Riverside to upgrade the 'X-Lines X21' from 26/03/23

So where are the current X21s going after? Deptford? Consett? I can see 2/3 of them going to Deptford for 20/20A/65 as they match the Prince Bishops spec, leather seats, USB's and Plugs that don't work.
(25 Mar 2023, 10:41 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]The two at Deptford aren't in great health, and have been heavily vandalised inside after a year on scholars, hardly an upgrade from the '67 plate Volvos.
See this is what I don't get, putting practically new buses on school routes. Even a Cityrider would be better
(25 Mar 2023, 10:42 pm)nova347 wrote [ -> ]So will non go to Consett or will the ones at Washington will stay there?

So where are the current X21s going after? Deptford? Consett? I can see 2/3 of them going to Deptford for 20/20A/65 as they match the Prince Bishops spec, leather seats, USB's and Plugs that don't work.

In terms of fleet standardisation, it would make most sense for them to go to Consett for the 47, could easily debrand the red kite rangers and stick them on the 57
(25 Mar 2023, 2:54 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]But it is March, March the 25th

I was stick drunk when i wrote that and REALLY did belive it was february. Sorry about that and thanks for putting me straight

(25 Mar 2023, 9:27 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]It was only the 11:43 towards Newcastle on the day that you travelled that didnt go down to Saltwell Park, and looking at things that was a lone incident probably caused by driver error.

Easy done.  Like i say i and the rest of the full buis said nowt when it went straight on... gosh... i didnt notice till it got to gateshead and the NSA kicked in.  I did mention it to him when i got off and i think it had clicked what he had done.  Simple mistake.  Got me to town for extra beer so can go that way all the time for me!!
So March changes are going fantastic

No 1 Metrocentre
No 307 blind whatsoever
I have very little hope of the 51 blind even being on for Holystone. I bet it'll be the 51 Gateshead (orbits) blind
(26 Mar 2023, 9:05 am)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]So March changes are going fantastic

No 1 Metrocentre
No 307 blind whatsoever
I have very little hope of the 51 blind even being on for Holystone. I bet it'll be the 51 Gateshead (orbits) blind

This reminds me - there was a 51 heading towards low fell this morning with a complete blank front blind.  The rear one seemed to be working but didn't catch where is was heading - only saw the number.. 51
I've actually grown quite fond of the B5s on the X21 since they have enough gears not to deafen you, although the Streetdecks are a smoother ride.

As long as we never get the E400s I'll be happy!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22