North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East March 2023 changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(01 Apr 2023, 6:20 am)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]If you think that is bad, you'll have a coronary if you ever read a Tyne and Wear PTE Bus timetable from the late 1970!

Roads were quieter back then though so reliability wouldn't be hit as hard in most places though.
(01 Apr 2023, 2:40 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...t-26602835
If the big three and Nexus banged their heads together, easiest option would be

GNE:
- 97 - re-instated as was.

- 57 - axed and replaced by 1 & 1A.

- 1 - every 30 mins W.Bay to Newcastle then via Wardley. Does current 306 route between W.Bay and Tynemouth. Curtailed in North Shields or Tynemouth evenings & Sundays.

- 1A - every 30 mins Hadrian Park to Churchill Street then as per 1.

- 307 - via Wiltshire Drive instead of Hadrian Park.

Arriva:
- 51 - via Station Road instead of Wiltshire Drive, evening service withdrawn.

- 306 - via current 1 route between Tynemouth and W.Bay. Full evening & Sunday service to W.Bay, removing evening layover in Tynemouth.

Stagecoach:
- 22 - reduced to every 15 minutes and new QA set up with the 1 & 1A between Howdon and Newcastle.
(01 Apr 2023, 7:57 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]If the big three and Nexus banged their heads together, easiest option would be

GNE:

- 1 - every 30 mins W.Bay to Newcastle then via Wardley. Does current 306 route between W.Bay and Tynemouth. Curtailed in North Shields or Tynemouth evenings & Sundays.

Arriva:

- 306 - via current 1 route between Tynemouth and W.Bay. Full evening & Sunday service to W.Bay, removing evening layover in Tynemouth.

Stagecoach:
- 22 - reduced to every 15 minutes and new QA set up with the 1 & 1A between Howdon and Newcastle.

Why on earth would Stagecoach agree to that?

The 22 is a strong bus route that needs to be every 10 minutes at the Western side whereas the 1 is subsidised. 

Ignoring operators and what not. The best thing around there would be binning the 1 altogether and split the 22 into a 22 and a 23 with the 23 doing the 1 route from Newcastle to Whitley Bay both every 20 minutes, combined every 10 minutes from Byker to Throckley.
(01 Apr 2023, 2:40 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...t-26602835
Yet another pointless article about the random 1 person who complains

Few things 

1, 97 was having cancelled services nearly every day

2, it's still the same frequency as a different number 

3, where in the article does it mention the problem wrong with it

4, probably complain cause they ain't got a comfortable E200 anymore 

5, even if they made the 1 & 97 interwork. What difference would it make. Its either that 1 stupid customer who doesn't know a bus route or its just the chronicle (problem this one). Making up some bs story to get views up
frequency reduction on 22 is ridiculous, it's a busy route from wallsend westbound - i regularly drive it. it's everything in north tyneside that needs looking at, as everything is dead.

as for delays, bus operators and local authorities need to place more pressure on out-of-control utility companies who just seem to have an endless supply of temporary lights and workers to dig roads up... the lights at wallsend were 4-way to allow for a lane to be taken up for van parking...which could have been parked offstreet.
(01 Apr 2023, 7:57 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]If the big three and Nexus banged their heads together, easiest option would be

GNE:

Arriva:

Stagecoach:
Right right. So here's a few things.

1, why is the 57 to be axed when it's every 30 minutes (dk how that would save it)

2, why make it follow the 306 route between Whitley Bay & Tynemouth 

3, what is it with the 307 through Wiltshire Drive. Why what would be any sense 

4, the 22 every 15 minutes would be suicide for that route. Gets busy enough every 10 never mind ever 15

5, no demand for a 306 to Whitley Bay on a Sunday and never has been

6, why cut the 1 at North Shields on an evening when I've seen loads of people use the 1 between Whitley Bay & North Shields on an evening (and use it myself)

7 why withdrawn the evening 51. Surely the people still warrant a service
(01 Apr 2023, 10:29 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]frequency reduction on 22 is ridiculous, it's a busy route from wallsend westbound - i regularly drive it. it's everything in north tyneside that needs looking at, as everything is dead.

as for delays, bus operators and local authorities need to place more pressure on out-of-control utility companies who just seem to have an endless supply of temporary lights and workers to dig roads up... the lights at wallsend were 4-way to allow for a lane to be taken up for van parking...which could have been parked offstreet.
I haven't been recently but apparently there's temp lights at Chi Metro causing havoc on the E2 and E6 with Economics drivers often coming off 20+ minutes late. And don't get me started on the delays to the X24 because the Metro's off (although that's a separate issue).

Last week there were FOUR sets of temp lights on the 16 - Grindon, Faber Road, Witherwack and Red House. The ones at Grindon and Red house seemed to be set up by people who had no idea they're on a bus route, let alone one that uses full size buses - you should've seen their faces when I tried getting a gasbus round the ones at Red House! Worst bit was they didn't even clear the area of parked cars

GNE:

Arriva:

Stagecoach:
57 has had enough changes! Please leave it alone.
surely this conversation should be in the service suggestions thread.
(02 Apr 2023, 7:05 am)F114TML wrote [ -> ]I haven't been recently but apparently there's temp lights at Chi Metro causing havoc on the E2 and E6 with Economics drivers often coming off 20+ minutes late. And don't get me started on the delays to the X24 because the Metro's off (although that's a separate issue).

Last week there were FOUR sets of temp lights on the 16 - Grindon, Faber Road, Witherwack and Red House. The ones at Grindon and Red house seemed to be set up by people who had no idea they're on a bus route, let alone one that uses full size buses - you should've seen their faces when I tried getting a gasbus round the ones at Red House! Worst bit was they didn't even clear the area of parked cars
Did u get around it?
(02 Apr 2023, 6:42 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Did u get around it?
Just about - and only after they moved a sign and some barriers.
You gave them time to move them?! I've dragged signs onto kerbs and chucked cones out of the way on numerous occasions in front of them setting them out...!

Drivers using buses to 'nudge' stupidly placed cones out of the way isn't unheard of, either.
(05 Apr 2023, 9:22 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]You gave them time to move them?! I've dragged signs onto kerbs and chucked cones out of the way on numerous occasions in front of them setting them out...!

Drivers using buses to 'nudge' stupidly placed cones out of the way isn't unheard of, either.
Well, they were on the ball when they realised it wasn't going to end well for their sign.

I did once run over the base of a cone (just clipped it with my wheel) at Springwell and it went flying - spectacular sight Big Grin
(05 Apr 2023, 9:41 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Well, they were on the ball when they realised it wasn't going to end well for their sign.

I did once run over the base of a cone (just clipped it with my wheel) at Springwell and it went flying - spectacular sight Big Grin

I've seen cones flying in my mirror, whether it was me or not will remain off here  Wink
More changes coming in May
(14 Apr 2023, 9:57 pm)purplesolo wrote [ -> ]More changes coming in May

More cuts than changes?
(14 Apr 2023, 9:57 pm)purplesolo wrote [ -> ]More changes coming in May

NEXUS contract changes?

Wouldn't be surprised, if the likes of the 135/136 have been confirmed to be withdrawn.
(15 Apr 2023, 8:11 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]NEXUS contract changes?

Wouldn't be surprised, if the likes of the 135/136 have been confirmed to be withdrawn.
Definitely withdrawn after I think 13th may
(15 Apr 2023, 6:29 pm)Retro Nero wrote [ -> ]Definitely withdrawn after I think 13th may

Oh well, the passengers who never use it, will be outraged no doubt and go to the paper etc..............

What about the other NEXUS services, are all those changes going ahead?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22