North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East March 2023 changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(30 Mar 2023, 7:42 pm)nova347 wrote [ -> ]The way that I look at it is that on the 1 the streetlites had their fair share of breakdowns, but they managed. But the 97 is quite a hard and difficult route, like some of the hills on the 97 are ridiculous. And the 17 plate streetlites are far from the best

They're fine when they don't have emissions faults on them. Probably the best buses in the fleet at going up hills behind a healthy Versa, which also have the same constant emissions problems.
(30 Mar 2023, 2:55 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]So StreetLite are fine for a route longer than 2 hours. Yea they sound perfect & run completely fine. Can't wait to see the 1 cut from Metrocentre in a few weeks due to reliability (sarcastic comments)

Yes, they are completely fine - definitely more reliable than the Hybrids they replaced!

The biggest issue that they have is that the Euro 6 Daimler Streetlites don’t get an opportunity to do a regen when on stop/start services. This causes faults if the engine is switched off during the regen. Riverside have the same problem on the 51/52. Depots just need to get into the habit of doing a forced regen in the depot, which clears some of the faults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(31 Mar 2023, 4:16 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes, they are completely fine - definitely more reliable than the Hybrids they replaced!

The biggest issue that they have is that the Euro 6 Daimler Streetlites don’t get an opportunity to do a regen when on stop/start services. This causes faults if the engine is switched off during the regen. Riverside have the same problem on the 51/52. Depots just need to get into the habit of doing a forced regen in the depot, which clears some of the faults.

Still don't get why the 1 was downgrade to StreetLites and not kept as deckers
(29 Mar 2023, 11:09 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]What people haven't realised that the 1 (and other Wallsend bus services) have been serverely disrupted by the roadworks at Station Road / High Street. There is a 4 way (5 if you include the pedestrian phase) set of temporary traffic lights at the location. Station Road is closed next to the Metro which means services that terminate at the Metro Station have to navigate a further 3 sets of lights in both directions on the diversionary route adding to the delays.

That sums up the nonsense of it all.

"Sorry your bus due at Whickam is so late.  There's roadworks in Wallsend..."
(31 Mar 2023, 12:13 pm)Chris 1 wrote [ -> ]That sums up the nonsense of it all.

"Sorry your bus due at Whickam is so late.  There's roadworks in Wallsend..."

Is it any different from the bus in West Auckland being delayed because of roadworks in Newcastle?
(31 Mar 2023, 12:16 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Is it any different from the bus in West Auckland being delayed because of roadworks in Newcastle?

I would say so.

Newcastle - West Auckland is a natural and established route.  And one that people travel on throughout.  Metrocentre - Whitley Bay isn't, and is ran as such purely for operational convenience.
im Pretty sure last time it was changed it was for reliability.
(30 Mar 2023, 2:55 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]So StreetLite are fine for a route longer than 2 hours. Yea they sound perfect & run completely fine. Can't wait to see the 1 cut from Metrocentre in a few weeks due to reliability (sarcastic comments)

The duration of the route makes literally zero difference to the reliability of the vehicle?

What's the difference between that and it doing 2x 1 hour journeys?
When the 20 got split into the 20 & 24, wasn't that due to reliability, that route was around 1h30 mins but due to constant delays impact the other end of the service they were split up.
imo thats why the 2/2A should be split, they are constantly delayed, they've only got 2 mins at Silksworth, 5 at Washington iirc

Whats the main allocation of the X66 atm?
(31 Mar 2023, 12:12 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]Still don't get why the 1 was downgrade to StreetLites and not kept as deckers

At the time, Hybrids weren’t planned to be exempt from the CAZ (it was debated at length with operators and the city council).

Stagecoach pushed for them to be exempt and the council relented.

Go North East moved the Hybrids to Consett which dealt with the issue regardless of the outcome. It was a better use of the double-decks too, as the 16 is busier than the 1.

Arguably the Hybrids are suffering on the 16, more than they would on the 1.
(31 Mar 2023, 8:33 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]At the time, Hybrids weren’t planned to be exempt from the CAZ (it was debated at length with operators and the city council).

Go North East moved the Hybrids to Consett which dealt with the issue regardless of the outcome. It was a better use of the double-decks too, as the 16 is busier than the 1.

Has the plan to remove the hybrid system been completely abandoned at this point?
(31 Mar 2023, 8:33 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]At the time, Hybrids weren’t planned to be exempt from the CAZ (it was debated at length with operators and the city council).

Was it roughly around that time the 1A/1B were curtailed at Gateshead, and became the 1 again?
I was on 6064 a while ago and it's very slow up hills, the hill I was on it was between Microbus and Gateshead Interchange it crawled. Wonder if that meant it needed a new engine.
(31 Mar 2023, 8:38 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I was on 6064 a while ago and it's very slow up hills, the hill I was on it was between Microbus and Gateshead Interchange it crawled. Wonder if that meant it needed a new engine.
Or it could have been the roadworks making everything crawl.
(31 Mar 2023, 10:04 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Or it could have been the roadworks making everything crawl.
No..road was clear.
I wonder if you've heard of these things called traffic lights before. There are quite a lot of them around Gateshead...
(31 Mar 2023, 12:20 pm)Chris 1 wrote [ -> ]I would say so.

Newcastle - West Auckland is a natural and established route.  And one that people travel on throughout.  Metrocentre - Whitley Bay isn't, and is ran as such purely for operational convenience.
If you think that is bad, you'll have a coronary if you ever read a Tyne and Wear PTE Bus timetable from the late 1970!
(31 Mar 2023, 11:49 pm)wibblejunior wrote [ -> ]I wonder if you've heard of these things called traffic lights before. There are quite a lot of them around Gateshead...
The road was clear, it was crawling
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22