North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva State of The Fleet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
There's one for GNE but not Arriva but Jesus I haven't been on the Geminis in the rain for awhile at Blyth. 7611 I'd a complete mess with numerous seats down stairs currently out of use including the whole back row because of water pouring in from places I don't even know where it's coming from. 

Took pics in the attachments, shocking. Bring me a Class 156 or even Class 142 than this crap. 

Ps . There was no-one else on at the time so I don't look a nutter haha. 

[attachment=10554]
[attachment=10555]
(10 Sep 2023, 3:49 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]There's one for GNE but not Arriva but Jesus I haven't been on the Geminis in the rain for awhile at Blyth. 7611 I'd a complete mess with numerous seats down stairs currently out of use including the whole back row because of water pouring in from places I don't even know where it's coming from. 

Took pics in the attachments, shocking. Bring me a Class 156 or even Class 142 than this crap. 

Was it pouring in from the ceiling like it used to on the Omnidekkas?
(10 Sep 2023, 3:54 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Was it pouring in from the ceiling like it used to on the Omnidekkas?

Aye it's coming from like between the panels pretty on the whole right hand side of downstairs. 

Like I could understand it getting in there upstairs (hole in the roof) but not downstairs and then just pouring in at the back right. 

I've never used the omnidekkas so not 100% sure where it comes from on there.

The WiFi works though for people who give a damn about that stuff ?
(10 Sep 2023, 4:01 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Aye it's coming from like between the panels pretty on the whole right hand side of downstairs. 

Like I could understand it getting in there upstairs (hole in the roof) but not downstairs and then just pouring in at the back right. 

On the Omnidekkas it would just piss in between any panel in the ceiling, I never really sat downstairs so can't say what it was like down there.

Perhaps the floor drains upstairs were blocked (filed with paper like they are on pretty much all the Streetdecks) and it was seeping in through the flooring?
(10 Sep 2023, 4:14 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]On the Omnidekkas it would just piss in between any panel in the ceiling, I never really sat downstairs so can't say what it was like down there.

Perhaps the floor drains upstairs were blocked (filed with paper like they are on pretty much all the Streetdecks) and it was seeping in through the flooring?

Aye possibly like. Honestly it seemed like it had got into the heating system somehow, not sure mind but they're all corroded on the outside so no doubt a hole somewhere.
Fleet within arriva is a shambles.

Only good thing is new MMc deckers and mini buses.
Serious investment needs to happy soon before things they get worse.

The engineering team needs serious looking at to get these vehicles back on the road
idk why it was re-named Arriva State of The Fleet, seems a bit pointless you know because its in the Arriva North East section
(10 Sep 2023, 8:09 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]idk why it was re-named Arriva State of The Fleet, seems a bit pointless you know because its in the Arriva North East section

If you view the site by looking at Unread Posts, it just gives a list of the thread titles without saying which part of the site that thread is from - having the operator name, or some abbreviation which denotes it, is quite useful.
(10 Sep 2023, 3:49 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]There's one for GNE but not Arriva but Jesus I haven't been on the Geminis in the rain for awhile at Blyth. 7611 I'd a complete mess with numerous seats down stairs currently out of use including the whole back row because of water pouring in from places I don't even know where it's coming from. 

And people moaned about the N*** OTY Cityzens doing the same. At least they had nice comfy coach seating.

(10 Sep 2023, 8:02 pm)Ryland wrote [ -> ]Fleet within arriva is a shambles.

Only good thing is new MMc deckers and mini buses.
Serious investment needs to happy soon before things they get worse.

The engineering team needs serious looking at to get these vehicles back on the road
There probably will be investment.....but Arriva need to see how things play out with the ABTRL before splashing out.

Wouldn't surprise me if the next Blyth order was to be some StreetDecks with a side batch of some 6-Cylinder examples for the X93/X94.
(10 Sep 2023, 9:34 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]And people moaned about the N*** OTY Cityzens doing the same. At least they had nice comfy coach seating.

There probably will be investment.....but Arriva need to see how things play out with the ABTRL before splashing out.

Wouldn't surprise me if the next Blyth order was to be some StreetDecks with a side batch of some 6-Cylinder examples for the X93/X94.
They trialled the 6-cylinder version for a while at Ashington, but still bought the E400.

I don't think Wrightbus products are the preferred products for Arriva and would expect more MMC's in all honesty.
(11 Sep 2023, 7:00 am)RobinHood wrote [ -> ]They trialled the 6-cylinder version for a while at Ashington, but still bought the E400.

I don't think Wrightbus products are the preferred products for Arriva and would expect more MMC's in all honesty.

I didn't realise the Merseyside examples had the 6-cylinder engine - I was sure they are just standard 4-cylinder ones and the only 6-cylinder example on the UK mainland is 6377.
(11 Sep 2023, 8:30 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]I didn't realise the Merseyside examples had the 6-cylinder engine - I was sure they are just standard 4-cylinder ones and the only 6-cylinder example on the UK mainland is 6377.

You could well be correct on that, I assumed the ANW ones were like for like for the basis of the trial, but I think the general thoughts was that the Wrightbus product was just not suitable (performance and build quality).
(10 Sep 2023, 4:01 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Aye it's coming from like between the panels pretty on the whole right hand side of downstairs. 

I witnessed the same water ingress in the lower deck at the back with the Geminis when we last had heavy rain. AFIK there are external intake vents around there that might be a contributory factor. The Geminis do seem to be having corrosion issues around the windows to boot. I can't imagine the sheer amount of ingress you seen would do much good for the bodywork, mechanical hardware or electronics in the area either.

They have served us well, though like their predecessors, they have been worked very hard with apperently peacemeal maintenance and now it's showing.
(11 Sep 2023, 12:32 pm)RobinHood wrote [ -> ]You could well be correct on that, I assumed the ANW ones were like for like for the basis of the trial, but I think the general thoughts was that the Wrightbus product was just not suitable (performance and build quality).
The demo that Arriva trialled at Ashington was a 4-Cylinder example as the 6-Cylinder (6377) wasn't available until around COVID.

To be honest, Blyth's work would cope fine with a StreetDeck and likewise.....they'd more likely get a good deal throwing in some 6-Cylinder examples for the X93/X94 in addition to an order for Blyth.
(11 Sep 2023, 4:03 pm)solsburian wrote [ -> ]I witnessed the same water ingress in the lower deck at the back with the Geminis when we last had heavy rain. AFIK there are external intake vents around there that might be a contributory factor. The Geminis do seem to be having corrosion issues around the windows to boot. I can't imagine the sheer amount of ingress you seen would do much good for the bodywork, mechanical hardware or electronics in the area either.

They have served us well, though like their predecessors, they have been worked very hard with apperently peacemeal maintenance and now it's showing.

Aye possibly could be actually, and it's just getting above the panels somehow. Feel sorry for whoever poor sole unexpectly lifts one as I wouldn't be surprised if there's pooling water above them.

Mind the maintence in general seems to be decreasing in recent months, with open panels all over the place which should be simple fixes but just not being done.
(11 Sep 2023, 7:30 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Aye possibly could be actually, and it's just getting above the panels somehow. Feel sorry for whoever poor sole unexpectly lifts one as I wouldn't be surprised if there's pooling water above them.

Mind the maintence in general seems to be decreasing in recent months, with open panels all over the place which should be simple fixes but just not being done.
I think its understaffing and vehicle shortages.

GNE is the worst for the quality change, it used to be one decal was missing it would be ordered and fixed or change if it was ripped straight away now it takes them best part of two years and theyve still not unbranded 3 year old buses
(11 Sep 2023, 5:50 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]The demo that Arriva trialled at Ashington was a 4-Cylinder example as the 6-Cylinder (6377) wasn't available until around COVID.

To be honest, Blyth's work would cope fine with a StreetDeck and likewise.....they'd more likely get a good deal throwing in some 6-Cylinder examples for the X93/X94 in addition to an order for Blyth.

Why would they buy an oddball batch of StreetDecks when they are standardising on E400 MMCs? They have engineering experience with the E400, it's far more common across the country so parts availability will likely be better down the line, and they're more than capable on any work thrown at them. They'd also probably get a good deal from ADL given they generally buy as part of a national order?

The 6-cylinder variant hasn't been ordered by anyone other than GNE AFAIK? Why would they back themselves into a corner by ordering a unique batch for the X93/94, when they could just buy some MMCs which have shown themselves as capable of handling the route?

They trialled the StreetDeck, and as reported earlier found it to be poor with regard to build quality. If you look at the reports recently about the Angel batch, you'd say that judgement is probably correct.
(11 Sep 2023, 8:07 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Why would they buy an oddball batch of StreetDecks when they are standardising on E400 MMCs? They have engineering experience with the E400, it's far more common across the country so parts availability will likely be better down the line, and they're more than any work thrown at them. They'd also probably get a good deal from ADL given they generally buy as part of a national order?

The 6-cylinder variant hasn't been ordered by anyone other than GNE AFAIK? Why would they back themselves into a corner by ordering a unique batch for the X93/94, when they could just buy some MMCs which have shown themselves as capable of handling the route?

They trialled the StreetDeck, and as reported earlier found it to be poor with regard to build quality.If you look at the reports recently about the Angel batch, you'd say that judgement is probably correct.

Performance of the demo that was tested out on the X93 wasn't great either especially on the hilly portions especially round Robin Hoods Bay when I sampled it on there, seemingly 7575/6 have faired better so especially with it being a standard type within Arriva, E400MMCs would make the most sense if/when they decide to order brand new replacements for the X93/X94.

Certainly sounds as if E400MMCs will continue to be the decker of choice, although this depends on if the rumours of the 48/X46 being upgraded at Belmont are actually true.
(11 Sep 2023, 8:22 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Performance of the demo that was tested out on the X93 wasn't great either especially on the hilly portions especially round Robin Hoods Bay when I sampled it on there, seemingly 7575/6 have faired better so especially with it being a standard type within Arriva, E400MMCs would make the most sense if/when they decide to order brand new replacements for the X93/X94.

Certainly sounds as if E400MMCs will continue to be the decker of choice, although this depends on if the rumours of the 48/X46 being upgraded at Belmont are actually true.

Does it even need new buses, not sure if there's any difference between them but I wouldn't be more surprised if they bought new buses for Ashington instead and sent the 17 plates to Whitby. Bar the B9's the X93/X94 rarely gets investment, second hand Omnicities, second hand Enviro 400's etc.
(11 Sep 2023, 9:04 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Does it even need new buses, not sure if there's any difference between them but I wouldn't be more surprised if they bought new buses for Ashington instead and sent the 17 plates to Whitby. Bar the B9's the X93/X94 rarely gets investment, second hand Omnicities, second hand Enviro 400's etc.

I think, if even to take stress away from the rest of the Redcar fleet, it's more beneficial to supply the X93 with new vehicles rather than hope 7 year old MMCs which have been flogged on express routes for 7 years straight still have it in them. 

I'd say they are arguably more in need than Durham, and the B9s could replace the remaining B7s there for the time being?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9