North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Be interesting to see if the rumors are true or not
(14 Jan 2021, 8:45 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]i have heard rumor's of possibly 2 new routes in the stagecoach Newcastle area. the first is a 64 route which would run from west Denton shops to four lane ends which from the sound of it would run ten minutes ahead of current 62/63 services relieving the pressure from those routes especially during peak times. 

another one is the 73 service which would run from Grainger street following the route of the 71 through to westerhope. instead of turning left from stamfordham road onto Rogerson terrace like the 71 it would continue down past the westerhope golf club to service the new housing developments built around the callerton village. has anyone else heard anything similar?
I would totally agree with having the 64 do that journey however my only issue would be that the Blackett street stop would be EVEN MORE congested than it normally is at peak times with 4 services stopping there, one of them terminating (X63). I think that would be a problem as the 62/63 already sometimes have to drop their passengers off behind the 39/40 stop, and if that one has got 2 buses then they have to wait. Other then that should definitely help with congestion especially for school kids. 
I have 2 questions would it go Fenham or Cowgate? and would it be served by Double Deckers?

Now the 73 is an interesting one as yes this would actually provide a bus service for the new village but it will mess up the scheduling times for 71/72/87 as they operate a combined 15 mins frequency. So possibly extending the 72 via here before chapel house would be the best option. Such as Westerhope, golf course, then Callerton Village, then loop round greenway (Chapel Park), then continue past House on the Hill to Chapel House? 

I think the 64 is needed however the 73 i think should be incorporated into other routes than being a new one.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/St.+Ja...6e!1m0!3e0
Surely if there was this new 64 then it would just run every 20 minutes with the 62/63 staying every 20 minutes instead of 15. There won't be much difference in PVR, if anything a decrease compared to pre-covid, and it just shifts the buses being in the core section rather than around Killingworth and Chapel House running empty. It's only one extra bus in the core and -1 in the outer areas (-2 Killingworth, but they have the X63).

You could even run it via the 36 bus route and bin that off in the process.
(19 Jan 2021, 9:55 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]Surely if there was this new 64 then it would just run every 20 minutes with the 62/63 staying every 20 minutes instead of 15. There won't be much difference in PVR, if anything a decrease compared to pre-covid, and it just shifts the buses being in the core section rather than around Killingworth and Chapel House running empty. It's only one extra bus in the core and -1 in the outer areas (-2 Killingworth, but they have the X63).

You could even run it via the 36 bus route and bin that off in the process.

I agree they should just make it every 20 mins. 
The only problem with the 36 being binned is that the 30 changes into it, so where would they terminate the 30? and going past the bbc centre, then spital tongues , then RVI is quite a different route to the 62/63 to town.
(19 Jan 2021, 12:08 pm)logidoodah wrote [ -> ]I agree they should just make it every 20 mins. 
The only problem with the 36 being binned is that the 30 changes into it, so where would they terminate the 30? and going past the bbc centre, then spital tongues , then RVI is quite a different route to the 62/63 to town.

I'm not sure if they could get around but couldn't they just go to the next roundabout and do a u turn there and start at where the 30 ends anyway?

I know it's slightly different for the 64 but I could imagine it being quite a popular move giving parts of the West End and then Byker and Heaton a direct bus to the RVI without the walk from Blackett Street. There's already like 15 buses past St James towards to BBC sure the diversion of 3 buses an hour won't make too much a difference you'd still have the 62/63 anyway and it should only take an extra few minutes.
(19 Jan 2021, 3:08 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]I'm not sure if they could get around but couldn't they just go to the next roundabout and do a u turn there and start at where the 30 ends anyway?

I know it's slightly different for the 64 but I could imagine it being quite a popular move giving parts of the West End and then Byker and Heaton a direct bus to the RVI without the walk from Blackett Street. There's already like 15 buses past St James towards to BBC sure the diversion of 3 buses an hour won't make too much a difference you'd still have the 62/63 anyway and it should only take an extra few minutes.

Yeah, i get you however I was thinking about if it does do a u turn non of the bus stops near are particularly suitable to wait for 10 mins or so. In my opinion.

And actually that could and would probably work, I didn't think of it like that.
(19 Jan 2021, 4:25 pm)logidoodah wrote [ -> ]Yeah, i get you however I was thinking about if it does do a u turn non of the bus stops near are particularly suitable to wait for 10 mins or so. In my opinion.

And actually that could and would probably work, I didn't think of it like that.

Yeah that's a fair point, unless it turns left and waits in Slatyford Lane bus stop? Certainly looks big enough but I'm not sure how many buses stop there, could be popular with people from Elswick etc having a bus to B&M, Lidl and Iceland aswell.
(19 Jan 2021, 5:09 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Yeah that's a fair point, unless it turns left and waits in Slatyford Lane bus stop? Certainly looks big enough but I'm not sure how many buses stop there, could be popular with people from Elswick etc having a bus to B&M, Lidl and Iceland aswell.

Yes that could work,

If it turns left to Slatyford lane (should be big enough to wait there), then it could turn right down Ullswater way, then Pooley rd, then Stamfordham rd (and wait there opposite the depot if Slatyford ln not suitable), as those bus tops are massive.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Silver...855202!3e0

Another way could be through the bottom of Blakelaw as no buses serve here and you have to walk up to Ponteland rd or down to Stamfordham rd which this would solve that problem. As well as give Half of Springfield rd an actual bus route.
Turn left after the Balloon, and continue past B&M etc.. then turn left up Binswood ave, turn right down Sunnyway, then back down Springfield rd to aline with Silver Lonnen.
Could the 12 not be extended or re-routed to meet up with the 30?
(19 Jan 2021, 6:13 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Could the 12 not be extended or re-routed  to meet up with the 30?

How would you suppose this could be done?

Also do you mean that they meet up on routes or that they incorporate the different routes?
(19 Jan 2021, 6:08 pm)logidoodah wrote [ -> ]Yes that could work,

If it turns left to Slatyford lane (should be big enough to wait there), then it could turn right down Ullswater way, then Pooley rd, then Stamfordham rd (and wait there opposite the depot if Slatyford ln not suitable), as those bus tops are massive.

Another way could be through the bottom of Blakelaw as no buses serve here and you have to walk up to Ponteland rd or down to Stamfordham rd which this would solve that problem. As well as give Half of Springfield rd an actual bus route.
Turn left after the Balloon, and continue past B&M etc.. then turn left up Binswood ave, turn right down Sunnyway, then back down Springfield rd to aline with Silver Lonnen.

Both not a bad shout tbh. I've never used the 30/31 and don't really know the numbers around there but maybe another option could be to terminate them all at Whickham View and direct either the 1 or 11 along Silver Lonnen instead of through Slatyford. It's literally just the street across for most people and they both run to the same place pretty much. Otherwise they could do a loop with the going it's current route then instead of turning around comes back down through Silver Lonnen.

(19 Jan 2021, 6:13 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Could the 12 not be extended or re-routed  to meet up with the 30?

Be quite difficult for the 12, it uses deckers whereas the 30/31 are singles so you'd have to upgrade or downgrade one of them.
(19 Jan 2021, 7:05 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Both not a bad shout tbh. I've never used the 30/31 and don't really know the numbers around there but maybe another option could be to terminate them all at Whickham View and direct either the 1 or 11 along Silver Lonnen instead of through Slatyford. It's literally just the street across for most people and they both run to the same place pretty much. Otherwise they could do a loop with the going it's current route then instead of turning around comes back down through Silver Lonnen.

Be quite difficult for the 12, it uses deckers whereas the 30/31 are singles so you'd have to upgrade or downgrade one of them.

Thanks, however I think the 30 used to terminate at Whickham View a while back then they changed it to it's current location, at Netherby Drive.

I don't get the 1 much but I do get the 11 regulary and depending on the time of day depends how many customers there is i know at peak times pre covid there was quite a few still on the bus. So would either move the 1 to Silver Lonnen or something else, however the 1 terminates at Slatyford so probably best to keep it simply in Slatyford?

They are also operated by different depots (30 Slatyford, 12 Walkergate), this would also mean that one of them would have to change deopts and buses "assigned" to them as 30's are normally singles and 12's are double deckers.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if the 30/31 get upgraded to Double Deckers permantely because all I see on Sat/Sun/Holidays are Double Deckers on the 30's. Especially during Covid Times.
Realistically i dont think you could do away with the 36 then, do the 30/31/36 still form the loop?,cus if it does it would either have to stay,or be replaced with something else, also the DD/SD issue with the 12, i'd imagine a few services being ugraded in the coming years,the 12 being one of them, as the 58 Reg E400's are now at a similar,if not the same age as what the 57 Reg E400's were when they were moved elsewhere, and wasnt the 12 operated by single deckers once upon a time?, if this were an option all the 12 would have to do is turn right at the Blackett Street junction then pick up the current 36 from there,then from Wingrove Road its current route,then from the Roundabout by the Co-Op it turns right to head for Netherby Drive, the 36 is pretty much covered by the 63 along Fenham Hall Drive/Netherby Drive, so if thats true i'd revert the 63 back to its old route where it rejoins the 62 at Cowgate Morrisons, and have this proposed 64 do the current 63 along Fenham Hall Drive/Netherby Drive
(20 Jan 2021, 5:52 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Realistically i dont think you could do away with the 36 then, do the 30/31/36 still form the loop?,cus if it does it would either have to stay,or be replaced with something else, also the DD/SD issue with the 12, i'd imagine a few services being ugraded in the coming years,the 12 being one of them, as the 58 Reg E400's are now at a similar,if not the same age as what the 57 Reg E400's were when they were moved elsewhere, and wasnt the 12 operated by single deckers once upon a time?, if this were an option all the 12 would have to do is turn right at the Blackett Street junction then pick up the current 36 from there,then from Wingrove Road its current route,then from the Roundabout by the Co-Op it turns right to head for Netherby Drive, the 36 is pretty much covered by the 63 along Fenham Hall Drive/Netherby Drive, so if thats true i'd revert the 63 back to its old route where it rejoins the 62 at Cowgate Morrisons, and have this proposed 64 do the current 63 along Fenham Hall Drive/Netherby Drive

Yeah probably not unless another route covers it, I think the 30/31/36 will be upgraded in the coming years, Yes the 12 used to be singles,

if the 12 did do the 36 route what would cover the 12 route through
The 12 would stay as is to Blackett Street,it would only miss out St James and Walter Terrace,unless from the BBC it doubled on itself to run up Walter Terrace
(20 Jan 2021, 8:38 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]The 12 would stay as is to Blackett Street,it would only miss out St James and Walter Terrace,unless from the BBC it doubled on itself to run up Walter Terrace

That could work however would take a while longer, and most people would see it unneccessary
(14 Jan 2021, 8:45 pm)toward6931 wrote [ -> ]i have heard rumor's of possibly 2 new routes in the stagecoach Newcastle area. the first is a 64 route which would run from west Denton shops to four lane ends which from the sound of it would run ten minutes ahead of current 62/63 services relieving the pressure from those routes especially during peak times. 

This would actually be needed in the near future as there is a lot of houses being built on the fields opposite Morrisons/social club in West Denton, and some a bit further down, so thwere will be even more customers and probably even more delays so the 64 will probably be needed.
They should never have binned the original 64,if it were to go ahead would it be a stand alone service
(21 Jan 2021, 12:37 am)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]They should never have binned the original 64,if it were to go ahead would it be a stand alone service

I think it depends on where it goes and if it is allocated Double Deckers or not.
An option would be for the No1 to continue all the way along Silver Lonnen, then left at Stamfordham Road or via Slatyford Lane to its normal route. You could maybe have a loop. 1 going clockwise and 1A going anti clockwise. 30/31 would terminate at Whickham View. Even without the 64 you wouldn’t need 36 then. You could just operate 62/63 via Spital Tongues.