Menu

Pages (6)    14 5 6
tyresmoke   29 Oct 2014, 11:43 pm
(29 Oct 2014, 11:39 pm)Dan wrote Not sure when that bus actually came in as I didn't hang around to see it... Imagine that the following 23 or 24 (whichever it was) wouldn't have been too far behind though, so regulation definitely would have been on the cards.
Again, couldn't imagine it to be something a driver would complain about though? Or is this just my lazy side coming out? Tongue

Well losing mileage is something I try to avoid as best I can. If I can work hard and get some time back then I will do my best... some others just cannot be bothered though, and that's what's frustrating. Took me over an hour to get 4 mins back on the 5s this afternoon!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

G-CPTN   30 Oct 2014, 12:17 am
I don't know how GoNorthEast manage at Hexham for driver rest periods, but they seem to keep a Ten available to slot-in whenever the incoming bus is running late (even by a couple of minutes - I've seen the incoming vehicle entering the bus station as the 'float' vehicle is driven onto the departure stand).
Of course it is the driver, not the vehicle that is due the rest period, but, maybe they have a spare driver too? - though there is a nine-minute 'layover' between arrival and departure in addition to the 30 minute gap.

The X84/X85 only has a 5 minute 'layover' between journeys in Hexham and 8 minutes in Newcastle (I don't think the driver changes in Newcastle) - but the X84/X85 alternate at each end of the route (ie change the destination blind).
I've never seen a spare X84/X85 vehicle parked-up in Hexham (though perhaps they could fetch one from the depot if the incoming was seriously late?)

The 687 has a 30 minute 'gap' between arrival and departure from Hexham bus station (with a trip to Hexham (Priestlands) during that 30 minutes. Drivers do more than one round-trip to Corbridge before changing over.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   30 Oct 2014, 4:13 pm
MAX E400 7512 on the 308.
Cock Robin   30 Oct 2014, 7:08 pm
(30 Oct 2014, 12:17 am)G-CPTN wrote I don't know how GoNorthEast manage at Hexham for driver rest periods, but they seem to keep a Ten available to slot-in whenever the incoming bus is running late (even by a couple of minutes - I've seen the incoming vehicle entering the bus station as the 'float' vehicle is driven onto the departure stand).
Of course it is the driver, not the vehicle that is due the rest period, but, maybe they have a spare driver too? - though there is a nine-minute 'layover' between arrival and departure in addition to the 30 minute gap.

The X84/X85 only has a 5 minute 'layover' between journeys in Hexham and 8 minutes in Newcastle (I don't think the driver changes in Newcastle) - but the X84/X85 alternate at each end of the route (ie change the destination blind).
I've never seen a spare X84/X85 vehicle parked-up in Hexham (though perhaps they could fetch one from the depot if the incoming was seriously late?)

The 687 has a 30 minute 'gap' between arrival and departure from Hexham bus station (with a trip to Hexham (Priestlands) during that 30 minutes. Drivers do more than one round-trip to Corbridge before changing over.

Like East Yorkshire, always change the long distance buses round when they come into Scarborough rather than send them straight back out.
mb134   30 Oct 2014, 8:49 pm
7515 on the X21, come on Ashington surely a Sapphire one has finished by now that could have done this run? However it is late so maybe it replaced something 
L469 YVK   31 Oct 2014, 9:35 pm
What would the Sapphire team do if they found the E400's to constantly be off route?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Pages (6)    14 5 6