You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016

Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - April 2016
(27 Apr 2016, 3:06 pm)LeeCalder wrote Another reason why I don't agree with e-leather!
E-leather does seem easier to damage than fabric. Looks as though they've been cut open with something sharp, so they've probably been vandalised.

I won't even buy jeans made by the brand Soviet as I fear their pointy metal badge on the back would rip the seats open.
Site Administrator
(27 Apr 2016, 3:06 pm)LeeCalder wrote Another reason why I don't agree with e-leather!

Fabric seating can be damaged equally as bad, though.

The dirt and dust gathered between the back and base of fabric seats is ghastly. That alone makes me prefer e-leather, despite the fact it is not as comfortable, as no operator in the region cleans the fabric seats as well as they should (although Stagecoach's cleaning procedure is far superior to ANE/GNE's).
Passed 1766 on the A66 heading towards Middlesbrough about 1710 with a supervisor driving so presumably off back to Durham, to be swapped back with 1431.
(27 Apr 2016, 3:13 pm)Dan wrote Fabric seating can be damaged equally as bad, though.

The dirt and dust gathered between the back and base of fabric seats is ghastly. That alone makes me prefer e-leather, despite the fact it is not as comfortable, as no operator in the region cleans the fabric seats as well as they should (although Stagecoach's cleaning procedure is far superior to ANE/GNE's).

There's that and the fact that people spill food and some people sit on those seats who are just plain filthy
(24 Apr 2016, 11:51 am)mb134 wrote 2812 in Berwick on 'Driver Training', why is a Belmont vehicle up here?

2812 is an Ashington vehicle. 

Route learning for new summer rotas.
(27 Apr 2016, 2:52 pm)Dan wrote 2807 does not have an offside advertisement holder - so where is the large offside Frequenta vinyl, with the 'up to' frequency?

[Image: 25491462084_ebbcbb5d06.jpg]Arriva North East: 2855 YJ59GJX  (Frequenta 13A / 13B Branded) Optare Solo by Alex  Garwood, on Flickr

Not to mention the fact that the vinyl is covering the destination screen AGAIN - same problem that Durham's E200s originally had.  Hopefully it should be rectified soon.
Any reason why the "Frequenta" brand was launched in Stockton when so far there is only one vehicle, as far as I can see, so branded (and they didn't get that right).
(28 Apr 2016, 2:45 pm)scania driver wrote Any reason why the "Frequenta" brand was launched in Stockton when so far there is only one vehicle, as far as I can see, so branded (and they didn't get that right).

Good question! No Frequentas on today.
(28 Apr 2016, 2:45 pm)scania driver wrote Any reason why the "Frequenta" brand was launched in Stockton when so far there is only one vehicle, as far as I can see, so branded (and they didn't get that right).
(28 Apr 2016, 4:41 pm)Cock Robin wrote Good question! No Frequentas on today.

The launch was planned by the Marketing Team without discussion between them and the other various areas involved.

2807 is not re-entering service until some moifications are made to the external branding and I believe there's more to be added - they were more concerned yesterday with actually getting it started.

No more have been branded yet, and indeed 2805/8/26 are still awaiting repaint (or away for repaint in the case of 2808) but I would hazard a guess they will be branded upon return from repaint.

Funny enough, I was in Durham earlier and both 1324 and 1326 are still running around in base livery without any branding. So, it's not just Stockton's Frequenta launch that happened a bit too soon....
(28 Apr 2016, 5:10 pm)Kuyoyo wrote The launch was planned by the Marketing Team without discussion between them and the other various areas involved.

2807 is not re-entering service until some moifications are made to the external branding and I believe there's more to be added - they were more concerned yesterday with actually getting it started.

No more have been branded yet, and indeed 2805/8/26 are still awaiting repaint (or away for repaint in the case of 2808) but I would hazard a guess they will be branded upon return from repaint.

Funny enough, I was in Durham earlier and both 1324 and 1326 are still running around in base livery without any branding. So, it's not just Stockton's Frequenta launch that happened a bit too soon....

In fairness, Durham can't afford for the vehicles to be off the road to allow them to be branded because of the additional buses being used due to the roadworks.  They could be branded of a night, but I'd assume they'd have to pay a higher rate or something.
(29 Apr 2016, 10:27 am)palatine3833 wrote In fairness, Durham can't afford for the vehicles to be off the road to allow them to be branded because of the additional buses being used due to the roadworks.  They could be branded of a night, but I'd assume they'd have to pay a higher rate or something.

I've noticed that they've been used on the Bowburn/Coxhoe services quite a lot, lately.
(29 Apr 2016, 12:59 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I've noticed that they've been used on the Bowburn/Coxhoe services quite a lot, lately.
Yes, and the Pulsars. Probably a good thing, as the loadings are suffering along with the timekeeping. Of course this is down to the Leazers Bowl roundabout works.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(29 Apr 2016, 2:06 pm)Adrian wrote Yes, and the Pulsars. Probably a good thing, as the loadings are suffering along with the timekeeping. Of course this is down to the Leazers Bowl roundabout works.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Those services usually have anything from Solos, Lowlanders and unbranded Pulsars on them. The 64 seems to be getting the Lowlanders in return.
(28 Apr 2016, 5:10 pm)Kuyoyo wrote The launch was planned by the Marketing Team without discussion between them and the other various areas involved.

And lo and behold....

2807 has been allocated to 7s today without the modifications to the branding  Huh
Site Administrator
(30 Apr 2016, 5:16 pm)Kuyoyo wrote And lo and behold....

2807 has been allocated to 7s today without the modifications to the branding  Huh

You've never WRONG'd yourself? Haha!  Big Grin
(30 Apr 2016, 5:38 pm)Dan wrote You've never WRONG'd yourself? Haha!  Big Grin

Depot management have said it should not be out until the branding is modified, it seems they forgot this morning.