You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Newcastle Clean Air Zone: services which need to be upgraded

RE: Newcastle Clean Air Zone: services which need to be upgraded
Also there were 3 Solos going to Newcastle today, aswell as a East Durham Explorer & Connections4.

Aswell as Lothian B7 on the X1. And the ExGNW Geminis of which there were atleast 2. Pretty dire for just a few days before the CAZ
(25 Jan 2023, 9:33 pm)nova347 wrote Take the Euro 6 versas from Depford, they have loads and they don't need all of them, all they have is the 56. Swap them for some omnidecker as they can just go on the 35, a few 20's and then the South Tyneside Circuit (the boards that don't run onto the 60) or the 61. Its just common sense.

Which Versa's are Euro 6 at Deptford, I'm sure they're all Euro 5, as they swapped all of Deptfords Euro 6 Streetlites for the Versa's a while back due to the air zone.

I thought the only Euro 6 buses at Deptford was the B9's on the 56 and the Sunderland Connect Solo's?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jan 2023, 9:57 pm)Michael wrote Which Versa's are Euro 6 at Deptford?,

As they swapped all of Deptfords Euro 6 Streetlites for the Versa's a while back due to the air zone.

I thought the only Euro 6 buses at Deptford was the B9's on the 56 and the Sunderland Connect Solo's?
All the 11 Plate ones are which are not allocated to the Berries + 8331 afaik. 

3941-43 (Deptford) too. Tho 3941 has been off the road for a while. 

3941-43 will likely be used on the peak 91 route which goes onto the X1.
(25 Jan 2023, 9:57 pm)Michael wrote Which Versa's are Euro 6 at Deptford, I'm sure they're all Euro 5, as they swapped all of Deptfords Euro 6 Streetlites for the Versa's a while back due to the air zone.

Deptford has 9 Euro 6 versas, they only need 2/3. As they now have 6049. 
So Voyagers can do peak-time routes that need deckers and school routes.
But also it happens on a day-to-day basis, Euro 6 Deptford Deckers on school routes, send Deptford some Omnideckers for school routes and peak time services on the 20/35 or 861 rather than Euro 6 buses. Its just common sense. When Deptford sadly lost the Citaros we gained the Versas.
Deptford -
2/2A - PVR - 10
5/9/24/26 - PVR - 18
20/20A - PVR - 14 - Only 11 Branded + Decker
33/135/136 - PVR - 2
35 - PVR 8
39/39A/39B - PVR 5 (temp timetables) | PVR - 9
56 - PVR 11
60 - PVR - 6 (temp timetables) | PVR - 7
61 - PVR - 4 - 5327/5333-6

Deptford has a number of isses, from not enough branded buses for 20/20A, buses dropping to bits, not enough Euro 6 buses, and allocations atrocious
Site Administrator
(25 Jan 2023, 11:25 pm)Unber43 wrote Deptford -
2/2A - PVR - 10
5/9/24/26 - PVR - 18
20/20A - PVR - 14 - Only 11 Branded + Decker
33/135/136 - PVR - 2
35 - PVR 8
39/39A/39B - PVR 5 (temp timetables) | PVR - 9
56 - PVR 11
60 - PVR - 6 (temp timetables) | PVR - 7
61 - PVR - 4 - 5327/5333-6

Deptford has a number of isses, from not enough branded buses for 20/20A, buses dropping to bits, not enough Euro 6 buses, and allocations atrocious

The PVR of the 20/20A is 12, not 14, and is made up of 10x branded Streetlite and 2x Voyager double-deck.

There are 3 spare Euro 6 double-decks for a Newcastle CAZ PVR of 12 including one school board which runs a peak X1. This is more than sufficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Site Administrator
(25 Jan 2023, 9:53 pm)Unber43 wrote Also there were 3 Solos going to Newcastle today, aswell as a East Durham Explorer & Connections4.

Aswell as Lothian B7 on the X1. And the ExGNW Geminis of which there were atleast 2. Pretty dire for just a few days before the CAZ

Of course, what you don’t know is which buses have exemptions pending Euro 6 upgrades…

(26 Jan 2023, 4:49 am)Dan wrote The PVR of the 20/20A is 12, not 14, and is made up of 10x branded Streetlite and 2x Voyager double-deck.

There are 3 spare Euro 6 double-decks for a Newcastle CAZ PVR of 12 including one school board which runs a peak X1. This is more than sufficient.

Deptford have more than 15 Deckers I think 

11x cityRiders 
3941-3
6356/7 = so that is actually like 19, 18 not including 3941.

(26 Jan 2023, 4:50 am)Dan wrote Of course, what you don’t know is which buses have exemptions pending Euro 6 upgrades…

Hopefully a lot of Omnidekkas will still be here for a bit
(26 Jan 2023, 7:53 am)Unber43 wrote

Why? The should kept off front line work, they look so old especially inside, they have no NSA and I don’t know if the doors aren’t as tall as other buses but I’ve managed to brush/knock my head a few times now when boarding one.
They’re grim.

Sure I saw an Arriva Solo in the city last week too.
(26 Jan 2023, 8:34 am)ne14ne1 wrote Why? The should kept off front line work, they look so old especially inside, they have no NSA and I don’t know if the doors aren’t as tall as other buses but I’ve managed to brush/knock my head a few times now when boarding one.
They’re grim.
the Voyager ones aren't bad.
Site Administrator
(26 Jan 2023, 7:53 am)Unber43 wrote Deptford have more than 15 Deckers I think 

11x cityRiders 
3941-3
6356/7 = so that is actually like 19, 18 not including 3941.

I said PVR plus spares, not entire allocation!

What you’ve proven, however, is that there is no shortage of Euro 6 DD at Deptford - there are other services/boards allocated Euro 6 vehicles which can be downgraded to ensure conformity with the CAZ.

(26 Jan 2023, 9:02 am)Dan wrote I said PVR plus spares, not entire allocation!

What you’ve proven, however, is that there is no shortage of Euro 6 DD at Deptford - there are other services/boards allocated Euro 6 vehicles which can be downgraded to ensure conformity with the CAZ.

He just likes talking out of his arse
Kind Regards
Tez
One thing I noticed is, a lot/all of the 15' Plate StreetLites are CAZ Compliant, with some Ex-Riverside Optares (11 Plates). However the Prince Bishops aren't. 

Not sure about the Purples Solos/ Graphites
(30 Mar 2023, 3:40 pm)Unber43 wrote One thing I noticed is, a lot/all of the 15' Plate StreetLites are CAZ Compliant, with some Ex-Riverside Optares (11 Plates). However the Prince Bishops aren't. 

Not sure about the Purples Solos/ Graphites
The Prince Bishops streetlites aren't generally allocated to routes which enter the Newcastle CAZ so there is no reason why they should be prioritised for conversion.
(30 Mar 2023, 4:52 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The Prince Bishops streetlites aren't generally allocated to routes which enter the Newcastle CAZ so there is no reason why they should be prioritised for conversion.
Neither are the 15 plates...well shouldn't be.