Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015
(06 May 2015, 6:05 pm)Tom wrote Quite surprised! It's possibly the most unreliable service Percy Main operate.
The rest are fantastic, especially the Coaster considering the length of the route, and before the Middle Engine Lane works the Cobalt Clippers were fantastic compared to Arriva's 308. 

They still are pretty reliable... All bar one (again, of the ten or so out, now that some are going home for the night) are within the on-time guidelines.

Can't comment on what the equivalent is with the 308 right now, but I'm sure someone will fire up the app to check.
(06 May 2015, 6:08 pm)Dan wrote They still are pretty reliable... All bar one (again, of the ten or so out, now that some are going home for the night) are within the on-time guidelines. 

Yeah it's the peak time ones that are the problem with congestion at Cobalt.

The 17's unreliability problems may be because of the layover times. Three minutes at Cramlington is not really enough because by the time it turns round the roundabout that leaves about one minute to load passengers and if it's all ready late... It used to be all right before the changes. 
(06 May 2015, 6:08 pm)Dan wrote They still are pretty reliable... All bar one (again, of the ten or so out, now that some are going home for the night) are within the on-time guidelines.

Can't comment on what the equivalent is with the 308 right now, but I'm sure someone will fire up the app to check.
Could find one 3 minutes late, but that was the most Wink 

One leaving Blyth is 2 early 
(06 May 2015, 6:10 pm)Tom wrote Yeah it's the peak time ones that are the problem with congestion at Cobalt.

The 17's unreliability problems may be because of the layover times. Three minutes at Cramlington is not really enough because by the time it turns round the roundabout that leaves about one minute to load passengers and if it's all ready late... It used to be all right before the changes. 

The 19 has to be the longest route bar the 9, only on one occasion that the bus has been considerably late. The bus gets a 3 minutes layover at Ashington but the drivers usually slow down so they don't clog up the bus station, the 19 also has a 3-5minute layover at Northumberland Park. The 309 is also reliable compared to the 308. I've been to Whitley Bay twice on the 306 (on the same journey) of when I change onto the 308, I've been waiting from 10-20 minutes for a 308 to arrive. 

Only pitfalls I have with the 309 / 310 is these:

- Docking the 309 between Blyth and Cobalt and 310 between Norham Road and Newcastle for X39 and extra 309's instead of using other vehicles.

- Only run every 60 minutes during the evening when if they were timed to arrive / leave at 01/03 (310), 16/19 (309), 31/34 (310), 46/49(309), they'd certainly be profitable enough to run a half hourly evening service running 9 mins after and 6 mins before the next Arriva service. *Note that the 309 has to run at them times due to Cobalt shift patterns.

- 309 somehow has a last journey to Blyth at 20:45 Monday to Friday yet, has a 21:45 journey on a Saturday?

- Silly 90 minute gap late on a Sunday evening on the 309 Newcastle bound inter-working with the 23:15 310.

Otherwise, great services!  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
7507's downstairs NSA screen isn't turned on/working, can't get WiFi either, so I don't think that's working. 
(07 May 2015, 9:05 am)Jimmi wrote 1415 now has MAX X12 branding although it is operating service 6 today.

1441, 1442 and 1443 had their branding applied overnight Tuesday into Wednesday - 1442 was the first to re-enter service yesterday afternoon by operating the 1505 service from Middlesbrough to Newcastle

[Image: 16782602003_4930132349_z.jpg]
Arriva North East 1442 NK10CFE by tvtphotos, on Flickr

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

No main MAX logo other than the one over the cab? Im guessing they will be fiteed at some point?
(04 May 2015, 7:29 pm)Dan wrote Have you not read Kuyoyo's frequent posts telling us that Stockton Depot cannot facilitate double deck vehicles and this is why we have a split allocation on the X12 (Middlesbrough - Newcastle), even though the Middlesbrough - Durham section quite often demands double deck capacity?!  Huh Huh Huh 

Keep up, citaro5284! Tongue 

Bring this back up, but a cryptic hint from Facebook might see that change:

Stockton may get deckers from October!
(07 May 2015, 6:18 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Bring this back up, but a cryptic hint from Facebook might see that change:

That person in question maybe just having our lives.  Stockton can't accommodate double deckers.  Why would they spend all that money refurbishing 1441-3 for 5 months?  
(07 May 2015, 7:11 pm)Multi21 wrote That person in question maybe just having our lives.  Stockton can't accommodate double deckers.  Why would they spend all that money refurbishing 1441-3 for 5 months?

What would they be for? X12?

I suspect if they did, 1441-3 would simply move to MAX another service, so it wouldnt be wasted money.

Stockton have double deckers in for MOT, from other depots - so they can get them in.
(07 May 2015, 7:29 pm)RobinHood wrote What would they be for? X12?

I suspect if they did, 1441-3 would simply move to MAX another service, so it wouldnt be wasted money.

Stockton have double deckers in for MOT, from other depots - so they can get them in.

Yes they would more than likely be for the X12 - no other route in Teesside would really justify double deck operation... unless you went slashing frequencies but I can't see that being desirable?

We can get double decks into the depot but maintenance work takes place on lifts, and there are beams that preclude the lifting of double deck vehicles. It will be interesting to see how this issue will be sorted. Could be as simple as Redcar maintaining them, possibly loaning Stockton a B9TL in place while this is done? Not sure how that would work in the summer months of course, although there is less of an issue in the university holidays (Jun-Sep) which ironically co-incides with peak season on the X93.

7522 has a replacement panel on the drivers side under the first window after the stairs, like 7525, it hasn't had vinyls reapplied 
(05 May 2015, 4:50 pm)tyresmoke wrote Of course Wink I drove it from Washington services to Metrocentre, then 4814 from the services back to Darlington. Managed drives of the 2 Streetlites while at the rally too, only fair that we each get a turn in each other's buses! lol

Howe come you don't need type training then?!
Site Administrator
(09 May 2015, 12:14 pm)Cock Robin wrote Howe come you don't need type training then?!

I wouldn't bother losing sleep over the fact that tyresmoke drove a bus manufactured by ADL, following on from his years at Stagecoach where he drove plenty.
(07 May 2015, 7:51 pm)tyresmoke wrote Yes they would more than likely be for the X12 - no other route in Teesside would really justify double deck operation... unless you went slashing frequencies but I can't see that being desirable?

We can get double decks into the depot but maintenance work takes place on lifts, and there are beams that preclude the lifting of double deck vehicles. It will be interesting to see how this issue will be sorted. Could be as simple as Redcar maintaining them, possibly loaning Stockton a B9TL in place while this is done? Not sure how that would work in the summer months of course, although there is less of an issue in the university holidays (Jun-Sep) which ironically co-incides with peak season on the X93.

Why not build a pit?

(07 May 2015, 3:36 pm)Robert wrote No main MAX logo other than the one over the cab? Im guessing they will be fiteed at some point?

Certainly looks bare.
(09 May 2015, 12:25 pm)Dan wrote I wouldn't bother losing sleep over the fact that tyresmoke drove a bus manufactured by ADL, following on from his years at Stagecoach where he drove plenty.

I've driven Arriva ones on the Metro replacements too but yeah drove tons in London for Stagecoach

(10 May 2015, 8:45 am)danpick wrote Do 1753/6 see use.

No both are parked up at Stockton awaiting scrap. Also parked up are 1003, 1902, 1907, 1924

(10 May 2015, 8:54 am)tyresmoke wrote No both are parked up at Stockton awaiting scrap. Also parked up are 1003, 1902, 1907, 1924 
Right, thanks.
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(10 May 2015, 8:54 am)tyresmoke wrote No both are parked up at Stockton awaiting scrap. Also parked up are 1003, 1902, 1907, 1924

As in the Centro?
(10 May 2015, 9:00 am)mb134 wrote As in the Centro?

Yup - suffered fairly substantial accident damage last week, so it's probably awaiting repair.
1907 was a major failure so I doubt that one will see the road again, shame as it was the best Cadet of the lot!

(10 May 2015, 9:26 am)tyresmoke wrote Yup - suffered fairly substantial accident damage last week, so it's probably awaiting repair.
1907 was a major failure so I doubt that one will see the road again, shame as it was the best Cadet of the lot!

Ah okay, thought you meant it was off for scrap! Wink 
Quantum spotter
Unregistered
Good afternoon to all.

I hope everyone is well. I am planning on visiting the Teesside area this week. Main objective is to ride a few interesting vehicles. On the Arriva side of things guys, which services are best for the following vehicles please. It's been a while since I did a bus bash so any help will be gratefully received.

Stockton and Redcar's Volvo B10BLE's and Stocktons Cadets.

I need to get some crossed off as they will not be around much longer. Is the plan still that some of Arriva North West's SB200's transferring over soon?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Kind regards.
(10 May 2015, 1:19 pm)Quantum spotter wrote Good afternoon to all.

I hope everyone is well. I am planning on visiting the Teesside area this week. Main objective is to ride a few interesting vehicles. On the Arriva side of things guys, which services are best for the following vehicles please. It's been a while since I did a bus bash so any help will be gratefully received.

I need to get some crossed off as they will not be around much longer. Is the plan still that some of Arriva North West's SB200's transferring over soon?

Kind regards.

B10BLEs will usually be found on service 28 (Middlesbrough to Nunthorpe, with an hourly extension to Lingdale via Guisborough) and 81 (Marske to Stokesley).
Cadets mainly operate the 17 group of services (Middlesbrough to Thornaby, then 17 to Ingleby/Yarm, 17a to Stockton, 17b terminates) and 29/29a Middlesbrough to Marton, with an hourly extension to Stokesley. They can also usually be found on the local services 9, 27 and 27a, though this is mainly Pulsar territory these days

(10 May 2015, 1:19 pm)Quantum spotter wrote Good afternoon to all.

Kind regards.

If your looking for interesting 4512 1904 1914 are your best bets they will be the ones the drivers remember the longest I think.  

4512 - It's the loudest Volvo ever

1914 -  Slowest Cadet 
1904 -  Very Very light steering so drivers can throw it around