You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Gateshead Central Taxis
(02 Jan 2017, 12:33 pm)Michael wrote Does anyone know what'll be allocated to the 701?

Might be one of the Lolynes they have bought? Then again they would have to make them DDA compliant.
(02 Jan 2017, 12:33 pm)Michael wrote Does anyone know what'll be allocated to the 701?
I would imagine it would be a President.

Although, I think the minimum number of capacity for the contract is 60? If that 60 is for seating and standing, you could potentially use the ex GNE Renown.
(05 Jan 2017, 7:53 pm)Adrian wrote ex-Go North East Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne 3867 is now in service with Gateshead Central Taxis. It was on scholars duty today, and appears to have been partially debranded.

[Image: 31316550883_d8a3e480aa.jpg]
Gateshead Central Taxis - W177SCU by aureolindn, on Flickr

Been in service for atleast a month now, Done a Scholar's 805 for two days in a row before the Christmas Holiday's.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(05 Jan 2017, 7:53 pm)Adrian wrote ex-Go North East Dennis Trident/East Lancs Lolyne 3867 is now in service with Gateshead Central Taxis. It was on scholars duty today, and appears to have been partially debranded.

Biddick to Harraton/Rickleton back in the day, with a Wear Buses ECW Olympian the official allocation for a good few years.
OK ran a morning spoiler. Competition, even on a scholars! Would be unheard of now.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'

This one entered service with Central Taxis in November 2016 with the part branding in place. As the vehicle does not comply with PSVAR its use on a service with individual fares is questionable. At least it is showing a destination display now something that was missing back in November.
Routes 37 and 73 will be diverted on the Coach Road Estate, Usworth, Washington, from Monday to Wednesday, 9-11 January, to allow resurfacing. Buses normally travel clockwise round the estate, but on these days will be diverted from Heworth Road to operate via The Drive, Well Bank Road, Coach Road and Heworth Road to Concord bus station. They will observe all stops along the diverted route.
(06 Jan 2017, 8:29 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote This one entered service with Central Taxis in November 2016 with the part branding in place. As the vehicle does not comply with PSVAR its use on a service with individual fares is questionable. At least it is showing a destination display now something that was missing back in November.

Cheers - I wasn't sure, as I hadn't seen it mentioned or any photos of it previously.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(06 Jan 2017, 8:29 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote This one entered service with Central Taxis in November 2016 with the part branding in place. As the vehicle does not comply with PSVAR its use on a service with individual fares is questionable. At least it is showing a destination display now something that was missing back in November.

Any non-DDA bus can be used on a commercial fare paying service for up to 20 days of a year without being classed as illegal, A exercise which GCT will no doubt be using.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(06 Jan 2017, 3:47 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Any non-DDA bus can be used on a commercial fare paying service for up to 20 days of a year without being classed as illegal, A exercise which GCT will no doubt be using.

What you're referring to would be a very loose interpretation of the legislation, and one which I personally doubt would stand up legally if challenged. However, it would not apply in the case of W177SCU regardless, as the bus is not 20+ years old.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(06 Jan 2017, 5:08 pm)Adrian wrote What you're referring to would be a very loose interpretation of the legislation, and one which I personally doubt would stand up legally if challenged. However, it would not apply in the case of W177SCU regardless, as the bus is not 20+ years old.

Corrected, Cheers for letting me know, What I don't understand is why would a Step Entrance Single/Double deck vehicle be able to be used when a 16 1/2 Year old low floor Decker cant, -
Especially as the latter comes closer to the required regulations than a 20 year old Step Entrance vehicle even if both are classed as not meeting them?
(06 Jan 2017, 5:25 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Corrected, Cheers for letting me know, What I don't understand is why would a Step Entrance Single/Double deck vehicle be able to be used when a 16 1/2 Year old low floor Decker cant, -
Especially as the latter comes closer to the required regulations than a 20 year old Step Entrance vehicle even if both are classed as not meeting them?

You then have the issues that a Bluebird Tuccana has, where the passenger in the very first seat needs to move when a wheelchair or push chair needs access.

CCT's YX09 EUD meets the criteria for accessibility in theory, but in reality it doesn't when it has a passenger in that front seat. The gap isn't big enough.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Had a good look around Gateshead Centrals yard this afternoon. Lots of interesting withdrawn stock present. Well worth a visit. Many thanks to their friendly staff.

Charles
(23 Jan 2017, 7:40 pm)park5354 wrote The ex GNE Volvo B10BLE was on 515/558 today

didn't really want say as I don't know if there is any truth in it because after previous encounters I have stopped believing in depot staff gossip. the staff member said that there is an ex GNE dennis dart MPD.

if It is not true then sorry for divulging false information
Prefer
7486 LJ51 DGZ
1764 NK05 GWC
5230 NK55 OLH
6301 NK16 BXA
22570 SP08 DCV
12078 NK11 DJD
FJ61 EXO
Confirmed that these have the 335, M71 and W3 from the 19th March (335 and W3 already mentioned). Wonder if new stock will come. Bluebirds would be fine for the M71/W3 I would think though.
(16 Feb 2017, 6:39 pm)jaimz13 wrote Probz Ben bluebirds

Don't think so as the capacity required will be more than 23 I would think. Would have thought they would get new stock, maybe Streetlites or something.
(16 Feb 2017, 6:52 pm)Tom wrote Don't think so as the capacity required will be more than 23 I would think. Would have thought they would get new stock, maybe Streetlites or something.

The bid submitted by Central was based on a capacity of 23 for M71 & 335 with a capacity of 16 for W3.
(17 Feb 2017, 9:52 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote The bid submitted by Central was based on a capacity of 23 for M71 & 335 with a capacity of 16 for W3.

Ah right cheers, thought the 335 would have been more! Bluebirds it will be I guess then.
Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but anyway... Was on the 558 today and noticed the driver didn't give tickets to fare paying passengers (claiming the ticket machine was broken which it clearly wasn't as ENCTS tickets printed out fine) but my question was do Nexus get the money taken in as it is a contract or do GCT keep it. If Nexus get the money or part of the money then it seems GCT are finding away around it, but if not then fair enough.

Otherwise was quite impressed and I still can't see many faults with GCT to see what people are complaining about.