Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

RE: Go North East - Latest
One GNE fb page it has pic of citylink versa stating 'The first of 100 new buses for GNE centenary year'. Does this include the ones that have already been delivered this year or are we to expect more?
Marxista Fozzski
Really don't think the 61 should be branded simplicity for starters it's destination is murton in County Durham. It's not a city service at all. Simplicity should be 38 39 and 42 in my opinion. If 61 has to be simplicity then why not inter work that with 42 on evenings and Sundays keeping in with the brand. NEW drifters on the 42 on a evening are nice but bit confusing for passengers I've always thought this!!!

While I agree to an extent, I believe the 61 has a future within Simplicity, it does run to the City and provides links from East Durham to the City of Sunderland, if it's future is in the Simplicity Brand it should be renumbered close to the rest of tbe brand.

My idea for the 61, is, should either be retained in the drifter brand, be taking over by East Durham or be absorbed by the Silver Arrows, it interworks with the 2A/C on Sundays so could just be merged as a service

(11 Nov 2013, 10:52 pm)Acky81 wrote Does the 61 run alone on evenings dan I'm not sure I know it inter works with 2a Sundays

Im sure the 61 runs alone on a night, after 8pm I am sure it is operated by just one vehicle...
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(12 Nov 2013, 9:43 am)fozzovmurton wrote While I agree to an extent, I believe the 61 has a future within Simplicity, it does run to the City and provides links from East Durham to the City of Sunderland, if it's future is in the Simplicity Brand it should be renumbered close to the rest of tbe brand.

My idea for the 61, is, should either be retained in the drifter brand, be taking over by East Durham or be absorbed by the Silver Arrows, it interworks with the 2A/C on Sundays so could just be merged as a service

Im sure the 61 runs alone on a night, after 8pm I am sure it is operated by just one vehicle...

Yeah the 61 runs with just vehicle on an evening as evening journeys omit Dalton Park. I would like to see the 61 changed to the 61A half-hourly and operate via Seaham Harbour as opposed to New Seaham. The 61 would continue every 30 minutes via New Seaham, also. This would give more links Seaham-Dalton Park-Murton. And then have it in drifter colours.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(12 Nov 2013, 9:32 am)JP6004 wrote One GNE fb page it has pic of citylink versa stating 'The first of 100 new buses for GNE centenary year'. Does this include the ones that have already been delivered this year or are we to expect more?

I was confused by that also, I can only assume that the Versa's were the first official order placed? Because as we know the 100 (or 104 buses) are as follows:-
11 Citaros (Connections4)
16 Streetlites (Drifter/Saltwell Park)
14 Versas (CityLink)
12 Solo SR (Venture)
47 Gemini's (TEN/Cobalt Clipper/Fab56)
= 104 Vehicles
(12 Nov 2013, 10:30 am)Liam wrote Replace 13 Lime with 13 TEN B9s and you've cracked it.

Sticking a B9 on the Lime is like sticking a B9 on the x66 and sending it along the Centrelink Wink
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(12 Nov 2013, 10:30 am)Liam wrote Replace 13 Lime with 13 TEN B9s and you've cracked it.

Ah I thought the Lime was in that totally forgot about the TEN! Seems like such a Long time ago when we got them!
Site Administrator
(12 Nov 2013, 10:41 am)CatsFast101 wrote Ah I thought the Lime was in that totally forgot about the TEN! Seems like such a Long time ago when we got them!

It may have originally, but let's try next year with two Northern spares added to the mix too.

Those were bought in 2012-2013 budget as they arrived in March. When GNE said about 100 new buses for 2013 think they meant in the April 2013- March 2014 budget
CatsFast101
Unregistered
Forgot to say yesterday there was an East Durham MPD been towed through Ryhope at about 4:00pmish.
(12 Nov 2013, 10:43 am)Dan wrote It may have originally, but let's try next year with two Northern spares added to the mix too.

I believe 3941 (when they finally got it working) /3942 were intended as the spares for the Ten.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Site Administrator
(12 Nov 2013, 12:35 pm)GMitchelhill wrote I believe 3941 (when they finally got it working) /3942 were intended as the spares for the Ten.

I'm referring to the Lime order, rather than the TEN.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(12 Nov 2013, 1:03 pm)Michael wrote Versa for the Lime maybe?

I'd thought of that. I don't know what they'd buy for the lime, I can't really guess, my only thought was Versa's if all goes well on the 58.
My stab in the dark for the 8 and 78 would be Citaro's.
They carry a decent payload and have a reliable, powerful engine.
They're obviously a heavyweight vehicle compared to a Versa, which would suit some of the lanes of Co Durham better than a Versa or Streetlite.

I reckon the numbers carried currently would justify the purchase too.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Can we not let this years full order arrive first, and then discuss next years orders? Yes, there will be orders next year but details won't be knowing or confirmed until roughly midway through 2014. We can start the guess work from January?
The 21 is due an upgrade surely? Us elite Durham Road types can't be expected to ride around on buses over a year old whilst the commoners of Fatfield and Shiney Row get shiny new Mercs? Big Grin
(12 Nov 2013, 2:10 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Wouldn't mind seeing the Optare Tempo SR hitting the road in the local area.

People always think I'm making this up but I'm not and I wish to god I had a phone flashier than a Sony Brick (it was the 90s) and I could have photographed it but...

The 709 broke down at Birtley War Memorial so we were directed to Birtley Town Centre stop to await the next 221 or 723 or something like that.

Along comes the early morning Arriva 723. An Optare Metrorider. I nearly died with delight. On I hopped in the back seat (paying for the privilege) and we got to the then Jolly Miller when said Metrorider expired.

Awaiting at the Jolly Miller for the next bus and what is this in the distance I see....it's a Solo with simply Newcastle on the display. Driver pulls over opens doors and shouts 'I'm the 724' (what a nice thing to shout) Turns out one of the ex OK vehicles had expired and passengers had been transferred from Birtley onto a diverting X23 and a Solo was picking up the slack from Eighton Lodge (no Angel then) to Newcastle. Alas we stopped at every stop with the driver shouting I'm the 724 at bemused punters.

That's quite a terrible anecdote but I love it.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(12 Nov 2013, 2:03 pm)Rob wrote Can we not let this years full order arrive first, and then discuss next years orders? Yes, there will be orders next year but details won't be knowing or confirmed until roughly midway through 2014. We can start the guess work from January?

Oh I'm sorry I'll give you a PM next time before I post to make sure it's okay with you! For Christ sakes this is a forum where people discuss anything about Buses/Services/Companies and yet you seem to want to dictate on what people discuss not to mention when you turn everything into 'an anti GNE protest' when the vast majority of people on here don't have too much of an issue with GNE.
PB0002400/515 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: NEWCASTLE MARKET STREET
Finish Point: HEWORTH INTERCHANGE
Via:
Service Number: 900
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 17-NOV-2013
Other Details: Metro replacement on Sunday 17th November 2013 only

The lambton worm tab shows the new style of the dragon and it also shows a picture of the versa when u click on it.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(12 Nov 2013, 4:57 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Oh I'm sorry I'll give you a PM next time before I post to make sure it's okay with you! For Christ sakes this is a forum where people discuss anything about Buses/Services/Companies and yet you seem to want to dictate on what people discuss not to mention when you turn everything into 'an anti GNE protest' when the vast majority of people on here don't have too much of an issue with GNE.

I understand where Rob is coming from though...

We had an influx of complaints about NEB being a 'fantasy island forum' when it was first launched and in development. Although we've proven those people to be wrong by all of the correct information that is shared on the forum and all of the "#NEBExclusives" that have been achieved for those people to later join NEB, it's not a reputation a site wants to have...

If people are discussing orders at a stage when only little discussion has been going on between higher members of Go North East management, it is a little silly - don't you agree? An order for the "Lime" 8/78 was strongly hinted at earlier this year, and it would seem that GNE must have missed the deadline for this order or it simply did not stack up at the time of discussion as we know it is not a part of the one hundred new vehicles purchased this year - it would therefore make sense that this order would be carried through onto next year, yes?

Anything beyond that upgrade does seem a little pointless to discuss at this stage however. We know that this year's orders/cascades will allow all Olympians and SPDs to be withdrawn, but we also know that Go North East will be aiming to withdraw/sell the fair majority of their remaining non-DDA fleet (including 27 Lolynes and 77 Renowns) in next year's orders... The possibilities truly are endless for what could cascade down to allow those vehicles to be withdrawn, but once all of the new vehicles are out in service from this year, it's quite possible that one of our Go North East representatives will hint at possible demonstrators coming to the fleet as well as possible contenders for next year's investment - we can then start sharing our ideas as to what could happen as we did this year.
(12 Nov 2013, 5:29 pm)Coppercap40 wrote Just thought you would like to see my first pic of a streetlight in Sunderland today Big Grin

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

XD
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Nov 2013, 10:55 pm)Acky81 wrote Does the x36 really need a decker was on today nobody got on all through Sunderland north till we got to asda yet the x3 return was packed

Deckers used due to the School Days workings that run off onto scholars.
(12 Nov 2013, 2:10 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Wouldn't mind seeing the Optare Tempo SR hitting the road in the local area.

Wouldn't mind seeing any hit the road anywhere!

Apart from the initial batch with Trent Barton no more have been built.
(12 Nov 2013, 4:57 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Oh I'm sorry I'll give you a PM next time before I post to make sure it's okay with you! For Christ sakes this is a forum where people discuss anything about Buses/Services/Companies and yet you seem to want to dictate on what people discuss not to mention when you turn everything into 'an anti GNE protest' when the vast majority of people on here don't have too much of an issue with GNE.

I didn't suggest it wasn't okay, I suggested that starting rumours about what will or will not be part of next years order package is somewhat pathetic. If you wish to start these rumours, at least wait until all the current vehicles on order have arrived. While some individuals may wish to read your suggestions, I would assume most people are awaiting information on the current batch of orders. I am sure as and when the details of orders to be placed next year are agreed, details will soon make their way to the enthusiast community via Go North East staff. You have at least another several months to wait before orders are agreed yet alone placed.
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(12 Nov 2013, 5:11 pm)Dan wrote I understand where Rob is coming from though...

We had an influx of complaints about NEB being a 'fantasy island forum' when it was first launched and in development. Although we've proven those people to be wrong by all of the correct information that is shared on the forum and all of the "#NEBExclusives" that have been achieved for those people to later join NEB, it's not a reputation a site wants to have...

If people are discussing orders at a stage when only little discussion has been going on between higher members of Go North East management, it is a little silly - don't you agree? An order for the "Lime" 8/78 was strongly hinted at earlier this year, and it would seem that GNE must have missed the deadline for this order or it simply did not stack up at the time of discussion as we know it is not a part of the one hundred new vehicles purchased this year - it would therefore make sense that this order would be carried through onto next year, yes?

Anything beyond that upgrade does seem a little pointless to discuss at this stage however. We know that this year's orders/cascades will allow all Olympians and SPDs to be withdrawn, but we also know that Go North East will be aiming to withdraw/sell the fair majority of their remaining non-DDA fleet (including 27 Lolynes and 77 Renowns) in next year's orders... The possibilities truly are endless for what could cascade down to allow those vehicles to be withdrawn, but once all of the new vehicles are out in service from this year, it's quite possible that one of our Go North East representatives will hint at possible demonstrators coming to the fleet as well as possible contenders for next year's investment - we can then start sharing our ideas as to what could happen as we did this year.

Well I might of thought you'd have your two penneth in! A few (3) members had a limited discussion based on a post by myself on new vehicles this year. We only had three posts on the topic hardly a mass discussion, really? We were discussing what vehicles would suit the route best I don't particularly think this what some what out of line. Had we been discussing route changes or a new brand then I could see your point of view but I really don't. A fuss about nothing.

(12 Nov 2013, 6:13 pm)Rob wrote I didn't suggest it wasn't okay, I suggested that starting rumours about what will or will not be part of next years order package is somewhat pathetic. If you wish to start these rumours, at least wait until all the current vehicles on order have arrived. While some individuals may wish to read your suggestions, I would assume most people are awaiting information on the current batch of orders. I am sure as and when the details of orders to be placed next year are agreed, details will soon make their way to the enthusiast community via Go North East staff. You have at least another several months to wait before orders are agreed yet alone placed.

Well tbh, I didn't think a lime order was that long off, I thought new vehicles would be arriving about March time not June. I think this is a fuss about nothing as it was a very limited discussion. No one was starting a rumour, we were discussing what vehicle would suit best. I don't see why timing has any relevance at all.

To be honest I think some of these GNE insider are bit to high and mighty at times and the way certain members act towards them is embarrassing and that's what I think is Pathetic
Site Administrator
(12 Nov 2013, 6:44 pm)CatsFast101 wrote To be honest I think some of these GNE insider are bit to high and mighty at times and the way certain members act towards them is embarrassing and that's what I think is Pathetic

I don't think you realise how lucky you (and others) are to have the 'GNE insiders' on the forum, who are willing to give information out.
A lot of people will have contacts within the company who can supply them with information, but that information often has to stay off the public domain.

[Image: hole.jpg]