Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

RE: Go North East - Latest
Whichever Key branded SPD is on the 71's needs its destination blind switched on or fixed...

Seen it two different times tonight heading to and from Chester
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(11 Nov 2013, 6:47 pm)Tom wrote Are 618/619 any different to the normal Go North East MPD's? Never rode them.

They've got lovely Urban 90s Tongue
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(11 Nov 2013, 6:35 pm)Dan wrote Looking at the numbers (like for like replacements), it is clear that when the "Venture" Solo SRs enter service MPDs 512, 515, 518, 521, 532, 533 and 534 will be withdrawn, while MPDs 545, 546, 560, 565, 618 and 619 will be transferred to Peterlee, replacing MPDs 501, 502, 503, 510, 519 and 520 to withdrawn.

I believe it is those examples that are to be withdrawn that have all had reupholstered seating also. Perhaps this will allow a sale to be more likely, as opposed to scrapping them. Other MPDs have also had reupholstered seating, but I think they're just being done on an if/when at the depot situation.

I do not think the "East Durham" network will receive investment for a few years yet.

Yeah I couldn't be bothered to look at the numbers/replacements, so thanks for that. You say that the East Durham won't receive an investment but who would of thought a year ago venture would get new buses with wifi, I think GNE are keen to have decent fleet across the board and getting rid of DAF's/SPD's/MPD's is all part of that. Maybe a year or two but who knows really? I'd like to hope that new buses would come sooner!
The reason 605 hasn't moved from Deptford to Washington yet is that it requires a new engine as it has been VOR for around 4 weeks now.
Really don't think the 61 should be branded simplicity for starters it's destination is murton in County Durham. It's not a city service at all. Simplicity should be 38 39 and 42 in my opinion. If 61 has to be simplicity then why not inter work that with 42 on evenings and Sundays keeping in with the brand. NEW drifters on the 42 on a evening are nice but bit confusing for passengers I've always thought this!!!
Site Administrator
(11 Nov 2013, 10:45 pm)Acky81 wrote Really don't think the 61 should be branded simplicity for starters it's destination is murton in County Durham. It's not a city service at all. Simplicity should be 38 39 and 42 in my opinion. If 61 has to be simplicity then why not inter work that with 42 on evenings and Sundays keeping in with the brand. NEW drifters on the 42 on a evening are nice but bit confusing for passengers I've always thought this!!!

Have to agree with all points raised.
Can the 60 be operated feasibly with no interworking though (i.e. no massive layover times)?
(11 Nov 2013, 10:48 pm)Dan wrote Have to agree with all points raised.
Can the 60 be operated feasibly with no interworking though (i.e. no massive layover times)?

Depart 17/47, arrive 23/53
Sadly not, end up with 25 minute layovers on every trip
Does the x36 really need a decker was on today nobody got on all through Sunderland north till we got to asda yet the x3 return was packed
Site Administrator
(11 Nov 2013, 11:05 pm)Michael wrote Does anyone know when the results for North Sunderland changes will be out?

Timetable changes don't usually go through in December, and given the VOSA registration waiting period, I'm guessing we won't see changes now until January.
Would certainly be surprised if we saw them before the end of this year.
(11 Nov 2013, 10:52 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Depart 17/47, arrive 23/53
Sadly not, end up with 25 minute layovers on every trip

Could always put in an Extra Journey and have it Every 20 Minutes on a Sunday - So for Example - Arrive: 03/23/43 - Depart:07/27/47 and then have the 42 Operate as Normal.
(11 Nov 2013, 11:08 pm)Dan wrote Timetable changes don't usually go through in December, and given the VOSA registration waiting period, I'm guessing we won't see changes now until January.
Would certainly be surprised if we saw them before the end of this year.

Thank's, hopefully something comes up on VOSA soon
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Nov 2013, 11:24 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Could always put in an Extra Journey and have it Every 20 Minutes on a Sunday - So for Example - Arrive: 03/23/43 - Depart:07/27/47 and then have the 42 Operate as Normal.

Think the 60 operates every 20 mins on a sunday anyway
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Nov 2013, 4:48 pm)Liam wrote NL63 YAV and NL63 YAW both arrived today in orange, while NL63 YAY arrived today in red.

Should be 1 more to Arrive then, Which again will be Northern Red and I would think the Reg would be NL63 YAX/Z possibly.

Has anyone got a Full List of the Fleet Numbers and the Reg Plates for the Versas that have Arrived so far.
(11 Nov 2013, 11:24 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Could always put in an Extra Journey and have it Every 20 Minutes on a Sunday - So for Example - Arrive: 03/23/43 - Depart:07/27/47 and then have the 42 Operate as Normal.

They already both run every 20 minutes on Sundays daytime (and we were discussing the evening runs at first).

On a Sunday:
Park Lane depart 07/27/47
Park Lane arrive 13/33/53

Park Lane depart 17/37/57
Park Lane arrive 19/39/59

Park Lane depart 00/30
Park Lane arrive 06/36

Evenings
Park Lane depart 17/47
Park Lane arrive 23/53

Park Lane depart 28/58
Park Lane arrive 10/40

Park Lane depart 07
Park Lane arrive 03
(11 Nov 2013, 11:25 pm)Michael wrote Think the 60 operates every 20 mins on a sunday anyway

Every Half Hour judging by Kuyoyos Post
(11 Nov 2013, 11:30 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Every Half Hour judging by Kuyoyos Post

Those times are the EVENING times
Site Administrator
(11 Nov 2013, 11:29 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Should be 1 more to Arrive then, Which again will be Northern Red and I would think the Reg would be NL63 YAX/Z possibly.

Has anyone got a Full List of the Fleet Numbers and the Reg Plates for the Versas that have Arrived so far.

All on NEB's GNE fleetlist. Last one is assumed as YAZ, but will alter as/when necessary. Yours truly actually managed to do some work on the fleetlists this evening! Wink

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/gnefleetsear...eet+Number®=Registration&chassis=Chassis&bodywork=versa&depot=gateshead&livery=Livery&year=2013
(11 Nov 2013, 11:30 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Every Half Hour judging by Kuyoyos Post

Just checked the 60 timetable and on a sunday it leaves at 7,27,47 from park lane.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Nov 2013, 11:32 pm)Dan wrote All on NEB's GNE fleetlist. Last one is assumed as YAZ, but will alter as/when necessary. Yours truly actually managed to do some work on the fleetlists this evening! Wink

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/gnefleetsear...eet+Number®=Registration&chassis=Chassis&bodywork=versa&depot=gateshead&livery=Livery&year=2013

Thanks Daniel

My Personal GNE Fleetlist is Pretty Much upto date which already includes the Citylink Versas/Cobalt-FAB56 Geminis and Venture Solos, Done some Guess work on the Fleet Numbers which I think is bang on. I'm just missing a few Reg Plates on the Versas atm.

Geminis - 6084 - 6117
Solo SR's - 641 - 652
Site Administrator
(11 Nov 2013, 11:45 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Thanks Daniel

My Personal GNE Fleetlist is Pretty Much upto date which already includes the Citylink Versas/Cobalt-FAB56 Geminis and Venture Solos, Done some Guess work on the Fleet Numbers which I think is bang on. I'm just missing a few Reg Plates on the Versas atm.

Geminis - 6084 - 6117
Solo SR's - 641 - 652

I confirmed the fleet numbers quite some time ago, but they're not being added to NEB's fleet list until the first of the batch is here.

Of course the B9s and SRs were quite easy to guess though - it was the Streetlites and Versas that had a few people confused.
(11 Nov 2013, 11:45 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Thanks Daniel

Geminis - 6084 - 6117
Solo SR's - 641 - 652

Seems to be right with the fleet allocation,should just follow on from the last batch.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.