You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(08 Nov 2023, 3:55 pm)Unber43 wrote Really they should give GNE 48hrs to sort it out, otherwise all contracts will be removed

An ultimatum would perhaps bring the dispute to and end. But unlikely given the rhetoric from Go Ahead.
(08 Nov 2023, 3:55 pm)Unber43 wrote Really they should give GNE 48hrs to sort it out, otherwise all contracts will be removed

Including school work. Absolutely pathetic how much work they took of everyone. If gne left them alone nobody would struggle but nope

701 Jh to GNE
99 Stagecoach to GNE
82 Jh to GNE
79 GCT to GNE
520 GCT to GNE
939 Stagecoach to GNE

All them services would still be running if gne wasn't greedy and wanted every contract. I mean come on L&G & Jh are running school buses on there behalf cause they don't have the drivers. Absolutely pathetic
(08 Nov 2023, 12:24 pm)Ambassador wrote Martin Gannon speaks....and he's not held back

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...e-28066843

“We remain committed to dialogue with Unite and we would like to see an end to this strike for the sake of drivers, our customers and our communities. To that end, we urge Unite to reconsider its position and engage in constructive talks with us.

This statement from GNE is quite amusing considering they were the ones to say they won't talk again until January if a deal wasn't made..
(08 Nov 2023, 4:21 pm)Aaron21 wrote Including school work. Absolutely pathetic how much work they took of everyone. If gne left them alone nobody would struggle but nope

701 Jh to GNE
99 Stagecoach to GNE
82 Jh to GNE
79 GCT to GNE
520 GCT to GNE
939 Stagecoach to GNE

All them services would still be running if gne wasn't greedy and wanted every contract. I mean come on L&G & Jh are running school buses on there behalf cause they don't have the drivers. Absolutely pathetic

To be fair, they didn't take work off anyone. They put in a more competitive bid, that's all, but that's not what this is about.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(08 Nov 2023, 4:33 pm)Adrian wrote To be fair, they didn't take work off anyone. They put in a more competitive bid, that's all, but that's not what this is about.

Probably did it to make more money so they can brand another bus
I hope Nexus/DCC not paying secured contracts payments to GNE since there can’t commit to fulfil the secured contracts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(08 Nov 2023, 12:44 pm)Adrian wrote Not often I find myself in almost complete agreement with him, but I think he's right to look at what financial penalties can be imposed. If they're not running services, they shouldn't receive a penny of public money; nor should they be considered for any additional work.

GNE have committed to delivering several contracts issued by Nexus. They may be covering these one/two a day misc. works contracts and scholars (when they figure out when half term isn't), but there's still several instances of secured services not being ran. In the latest version of the Nexus contract that I've seen, they have the ability to terminate the contract if the strike lasts longer than a month. Given they've only managed to operate two weeks out of the last six, I'd say it's time for Nexus to start giving notice.

Completely agree - wonder if anyone has stuck an FOI in to the relevant public bodies yet to identify whether public funding is still being pumped into GNE shareholder pockets while they fail to operate the contracts.

But but but if they took the contracts away and put out to emergency tender, what could poor Ben write about in his next bragging piece on how well the company are doing, if unable to still claim to be operating select contracts?!
(08 Nov 2023, 6:31 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Completely agree - wonder if anyone has stuck an FOI in to the relevant public bodies yet to identify whether public funding is still being pumped into GNE shareholder pockets while they fail to operate the contracts.

But but but if they took the contracts away and put out to emergency tender, what could poor Ben write about in his next bragging piece on how well the company are doing, if unable to still claim to be operating select contracts?!

I did email nexus asking about the 82 as I live on its route, but got no reply. How would somebody submt a FOI request?
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
(08 Nov 2023, 7:39 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote I did email nexus asking about the 82 as I live on its route, but got no reply. How would somebody submt a FOI request?

https://www.nexus.org.uk/freedom-information - there are only specific circumstances where FOI is the appropriate route but more info on that link and more detail on FOI requests (and examples of previous submissions and responses) are easily googlable.
(08 Nov 2023, 7:42 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote https://www.nexus.org.uk/freedom-information - there are only specific circumstances where FOI is the appropriate route but more info on that link and more detail on FOI requests (and examples of previous submissions and responses) are easily googlable.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/body/nexus - Here's better for FOI. I know someone linked the main site before but the person who asked might not find it as it's under it's full name rather than NEXUS.
(08 Nov 2023, 7:24 pm)MurdnunoC wrote https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023...cil-leader

See Gannon and GNE have made the nationals.

Good stuff, the sort of required pressure needed.

Ben and Nige paymasters won’t like negative press outside the region or the threats from the man who will likely be handing out franchising contracts too.
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(08 Nov 2023, 7:39 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote I did email nexus asking about the 82 as I live on its route, but got no reply. How would somebody submt a FOI request?

I emails them 2 weeks ago about gct and only got a reply today saying they were overwhelmed with quiereis and would answer me asap
The ÂŁ238k keeps being mentioned and there's often comparison to the big bosses salaries.

By my reckoning, I reckon they could compare it to the cost of a new double decker bus. 
Sure they're about ÂŁ250k.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(08 Nov 2023, 9:44 pm)Andreos1 wrote The ÂŁ238k keeps being mentioned and there's often comparison to the big bosses salaries.

By my reckoning, I reckon they could compare it to the cost of a new double decker bus. 

I imagine they spend much much more than at Thornton Bros etc refurbishing that London tat
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(08 Nov 2023, 9:44 pm)Andreos1 wrote The ÂŁ238k keeps being mentioned and there's often comparison to the big bosses salaries.

Ones an investment, the other is general costs though. Should never mix them up, I'd criticise them from high heaven if they done that.

That new bus will have a return in investment, new passengers etc. Staff wages won't, generally.
(09 Nov 2023, 2:28 am)streetdeckfan wrote Fines = less money = bigger losses = less drivers

Pretty much everything that is being called for is guaranteeing job losses

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

So they need to get their asses in gear, drop the narcissistic proclamations and sort it out, then.
(08 Nov 2023, 11:01 pm)Storx wrote Ones an investment, the other is general costs though. Should never mix them up, I'd criticise them from high heaven if they done that.

That new bus will have a return in investment, new passengers etc. Staff wages won't, generally.

Those drivers can provide a return though.
Invest in them, lead & manage effectively and ultimately show as much interest as they have done in in the vehicle spec/interiors.
Maybe, just maybe, customer experience increases and maybe they see a happy workforce, instead of a snarly, fed-up driver.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(09 Nov 2023, 7:42 am)Andreos1 wrote Those drivers can provide a return though.
Invest in them, lead & manage effectively and ultimately show as much interest as they have done in in the vehicle spec/interiors.
Maybe, just maybe, customer experience increases and maybe they see a happy workforce, instead of a snarly, fed-up driver.

Be better to spend the money on some management who have people skills though. Would probably end this strike in minutes.