You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(12 Nov 2023, 9:29 am)Chris3912 wrote So are there no talks until Jan 2024 now?

No talks planned in the future
Views and Opinions are my own
The only time I was required to do a driving assessment after periods of absence was after I'd been on 'long term' sick (4 weeks) after a back operation. That was basically could i do an emergency stop in a bus without pain and discomfort. As has previously been said, after furlough it was back to business as usual (I did get 20 minutes tri axle training and a pretty certificate though).
The lack of wider outrage about this and the sheer political…meh about whole areas having no public transport….it probably says more about the state and attitude to our local public transport provision (essentially a GNE bus) than anything else.

There should be sheer outrage, but aside us, unite and a few grumbles…the sad fact is, nobody cares. Even the local news and press are running it 3rd and 4th in their news orders.
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
[Image: 408999f7d250366c5d348755457b8ddc.jpg]

If Maxfield couldn’t sink any lower. Someone posted a photo of this on Go North East Strike Debate group on Facebook. Laughing in the face of people’s misery is just abhorrent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(13 Nov 2023, 12:57 pm)Chris3912 wrote On another topic Richard Holden has just walked into number 10 looks set for a big promotion....hopefully will be taken off transport!

Careful what you wish for, since Jesse Norman has quit his transport post. Could end up with Rees-Smug advocating horses and carts for all those undeserving of a chauffeured Bentley as the new greener transport policy.
(13 Nov 2023, 1:21 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Careful what you wish for, since Jesse Norman has quit his transport post. Could end up with Rees-Smug advocating horses and carts for all those undeserving of a chauffeured Bentley as the new greener transport policy.

To be fair, with all the horse and traps I get stuck behind, seemingly on a daily basis, whilst drivingin and around the towns and villages of North West Durham, I don't think anyone would notice anything different. About three weeks ago, I even witnessed someone riding down Stanley Front Street on horseback, it wasn't the first time either.
(13 Nov 2023, 1:29 pm)MurdnunoC wrote To be fair, with all the horse and traps I get stuck behind, seemingly on a daily basis, whilst drivingin and around the towns and villages of North West Durham, I don't think anyone would notice anything different. About three weeks ago, I even witnessed someone riding down Stanley Front Street on horseback, it wasn't the first time either.

There was never a shortage of muck to be scraped off the roads in East Durham, either. I had a neighbour who kept a Shetland pony in their garden.
Emergency Strike timetable in place for a skeleton service. Fairly useless for commuters but should help social isolation

Due to the ongoing industrial action, we are unfortunately unable to provide a normal service. We are running all school services, certain contracted services, and we are aiming to restore a skeleton service on as many routes as possible. These duties are being covered by office workers and managers with bus driving licences, as well as regular drivers who have opted to return to work to keep essential services moving. These services may be subject to delay due to reduced frequencies in operation - please be kind to our team who are providing them.

We apologise for the disruption during this time, and we remain committed to reaching a solution that will bring an end to the industrial action.

Following consultation with Nexus and Durham County Council; from Tuesday 14th November, we will begin to offer a skeleton service from about 9:30am to 2:30pm on the following routes:

Service 1: Gateshead to Metrocentre - every 30 minutes, view timetable here
Service 20: Sunderland to Durham - every 30 minutes, view timetable here
Service 21: Gateshead to Chester-le-Street - every 20 minutes, view timetable here
Service 29: Gateshead to Chester-le-Street - every 60 minutes, view timetable here
Service 60: Sunderland to Seaham - every 60 minutes, view timetable here
Service 65: Seaham to Hetton-le-Hole - every 60 minutes, view timetable here
Service 78: Stanley to Consett - every 60 minutes, view timetable here
Service 79: Barnwell to Hall Lane Estate - special timetable, view timetable here
Service 84 85: Concord to The Galleries - special timetable, view timetable here
Service R7: Blackhall Mill to Crawcrook - special timetable to replace service 10A, view timetable here
Service V5: The Dene to Crookhall - every 60 minutes, view timetable here
Service X5: Lanchester to Consett - every 60 minutes, view timetable here
Service X45: Consett to Newcastle - every 60 minutes, view timetable here
Northumberland County Council has arranged with external companies to operate a limited service in the Hexham area.

All these services are in addition to all school bus journeys and certain contracted services which we were already operating. As and when we are able to provide more services, we will provide another update to customers.
(13 Nov 2023, 2:24 pm)vr Ambassador wrote Emergency Strike timetable in place for a skeleton service. Fairly useless for commuters but should help social isolation

Due to the ongoing industrial action, we are unfortunately unable to provide a normal service. We are running all school services, certain contracted services, and we are aiming to restore a skeleton service on as many routes as possible. These duties are being covered by office workers and managers with bus driving licences, as well as regular drivers who have opted to return to work to keep essential services moving. These services may be subject to delay due to reduced frequencies in operation - please be kind to our team who are providing them.

We apologise for the disruption during this time, and we remain committed to reaching a solution that will bring an end to the industrial action.

Following consultation with Nexus and Durham County Council; from Tuesday 14th November, we will begin to offer a skeleton service from about 9:30am to 2:30pm on the following routes:

Service 21: Gateshead to Chester-le-Street - every 20 minutes, view timetable here
Service 29: Gateshead to Chester-le-Street - every 60 minutes, view timetable here
Service 79: Barnwell to Hall Lane Estate - special timetable, view timetable here
Service 84 85: Concord to The Galleries - special timetable, view timetable here
Service R7: Blackhall Mill to Crawcrook - special timetable to replace service 10A, view timetable here
Northumberland County Council has arranged with external companies to operate a limited service in the Hexham area.

All these services are in addition to all school bus journeys and certain contracted services which we were already operating. As and when we are able to provide more services, we will provide another update to customers.

A token effort that won’t break the impact only running between school services X45 arriving Eldon Square after the morning peak and departing before afternoon peak. The 1 running every half hour surely one vehicle could be used in something else. And nothing useful for Washington!
(13 Nov 2023, 2:24 pm)Ambassador wrote Following consultation with Nexus and Durham County Council; from Tuesday 14th November, we will begin to offer a skeleton service from about 9:30am to 2:30pm on the following routes:

X45 timetable, at least, hasn't been updated properly so anyone that clicks on it will be shown a full Saturday service in addition to the strike timetable. 

Find it odd that they're putting 5 buses worth of resource into the 21, but leaving the likes of the X1 totally uncovered.
(13 Nov 2023, 2:59 pm)Coastliner700 wrote A token effort that won’t break the impact only running between school services X45 arriving Eldon Square after the morning peak and departing before afternoon peak. The 1 running every half hour surely one vehicle could be used in something else. And nothing useful for Washington!

Nothing for.winlaton either unless I've missed something. Surprised the 29 is running a service .. problem is I don't think anyone knows about it as it's not been mentioned on local Facebook page. Nice it's terminating at gateshead though like it should!!!!
(13 Nov 2023, 3:07 pm)mb134 wrote X45 timetable, at least, hasn't been updated properly so anyone that clicks on it will be shown a full Saturday service in addition to the strike timetable. 

Find it odd that they're putting 5 buses worth of resource into the 21, but leaving the likes of the X1 totally uncovered.

I wonder if its more based on availability of drivers at each depot and a mix of commercial need.
(13 Nov 2023, 3:29 pm)Ambassador wrote I wonder if its more based on availability of drivers at each depot and a mix of commercial need.

Excluding the 21, more likely subsidised routes. All those routes have a subsidy at some point in their timetable and Nexus are happy to continue paying it if they run something.
A token effort, no doubt to make some ridiculous claim in a staff briefing that the strike is weakening.

The timetables won't help anyone who can't get to/from work. At a glance, I'd guess they're utilising some scab workers in between scholars services or something?

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(13 Nov 2023, 2:24 pm)Ambassador wrote Emergency Strike timetable in place for a skeleton service. Fairly useless for commuters but should help social isolation

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/update-industrial-action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(13 Nov 2023, 3:32 pm)Storx wrote Excluding the 21, more likely subsidised routes. All those routes have a subsidy at some point in their timetable and Nexus are happy to continue paying it if they run something.

The 20 isn't running on the subsidised part of its route between Durham and Langley Park so they still have nothing out there.
(13 Nov 2023, 3:37 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The 20 isn't running on the subsidised part of its route between Durham and Langley Park so they still have nothing out there.

There's a second subsidy between Houghton and Durham. Not sure what it's for or how much it is but definitely exists only on a Saturday though.

It's on the list on https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/s...ng-2399914
(13 Nov 2023, 3:37 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The 20 isn't running on the subsidised part of its route between Durham and Langley Park so they still have nothing out there.

I didnt think the 84/85 were funded, though only the 82 was in washington.
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
(13 Nov 2023, 3:49 pm)Storx wrote Yeah, just doesn't all go out for tender. It's on there twice (evening services are seperate from the day time runs).

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/s...ng-2383925 - It's on there that one.

Are there any penalties for not running tendered services. Suprised the 82 wasn't on that list.
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
(13 Nov 2023, 3:53 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Are there any penalties for not running tendered services. Suprised the 82 wasn't on that list.

Not too sure tbh. It is though it's under the big one 35/35A/79/81/82/83/84/85 one. Massive contract that aswell as it's £2.6k a day.
I really don't think there's a link to Nexus, other than them having a bit of input under the Enhanced Partnership arrangements.

I'd highly doubt they're subsidising these services in any way unless they're already operated under a secured service contract (e.g. the 79, I think?)

I'm not sure why a local authority should pay an operator to run services when it's already failing to run several that it's contracted to deliver.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(13 Nov 2023, 2:24 pm)Ambassador wrote Emergency Strike timetable in place for a skeleton service. Fairly useless for commuters but should help social isolation

Nice to see them buying brownie points towards the public so they blame the drivers and side with management. Nigel is really just trying absolutely anything at this point to not do a deal. Especially since he won't talk to January. It's really comical now how he's acting. My opinion so go in a huff if you don't like it Smile
(13 Nov 2023, 4:23 pm)Aaron21 wrote Nice to see them buying brownie points towards the public so they blame the drivers and side with management. Nigel is really just trying absolutely anything at this point to not do a deal. Especially since he won't talk to January. It's really comical now how he's acting. My opinion so go in a huff if you don't like it Smile

That was widely reported, though I've just read on Facebook he's agreed to talks tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.
May be wrong, but I think the Durham to Langley Park stretch is only supported in the evening?
(13 Nov 2023, 4:27 pm)Chris 1 wrote That was widely reported, though I've just read on Facebook he's agreed to talks tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.

I'll die a happy man if he agrees to a pay deal tomorrow. Will it happen. Probably have more chances to win the lottery now. Let's get ready to read the massive Ben Maxfield report saying "Unite are doing this themselves. I'm not sitting here stroking my pen while Nigel gives me a congratulations"

Bit to far to say but hey ho