You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(01 Dec 2023, 1:23 pm)Adrian wrote Spot on. You can't cry poverty and then have money to give away once the dispute is over.

Regardless, I think we've seen that cheap fares are largely ineffective, so I wonder if zero fares will make much difference. I've noticed a few social media posts already stating that they're going to stick with their car sharing arrangements. 

Edit: GNE comms are out, but no mention of this supposed freebie - https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/update-industrial-action

And I don't blame them. 

As for the other point about fares, I'm not one to sound like a broken record... But, there's that network they need to look at. 
The fares are only part of the solution.

(01 Dec 2023, 1:36 pm)mb134 wrote "We look forward to welcoming customers back on board, I am sorry for all the disruption this stoppage has caused and we're relieved to be able to offer a full network once more serving our communities across the North East."

What a load of bollocks. 

Yeah, I thought similar to be honest. 

We obviously know there's not going to be a full network.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(01 Dec 2023, 1:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote And I don't blame them. 

As for the other point about fares, I'm not one to sound like a broken record... But, there's that network they need to look at. 
The fares are only part of the solution.

Yeah, I thought similar to be honest. 

We obviously know there's not going to be a full network.

I do wonder if Nexus, DCC & NCC clamp down and take a load of services of them in the next round of changes
(01 Dec 2023, 1:40 pm)Aaron21 wrote I do wonder if Nexus, DCC & NCC clamp down and take a load of services of them in the next round of changes

Hope so! 

Unsure of the grading criteria and if performance or non-performance is taken in to account in any future bids.
(01 Dec 2023, 2:25 pm)itsadam wrote Is it safe to expect some hiccups, i.e. drivers forgetting part of a route?

Wouldn't of thought so, would think there will be a few breakdowns
Views and Opinions are my own
(01 Dec 2023, 2:25 pm)itsadam wrote Is it safe to expect some hiccups, i.e. drivers forgetting part of a route?

Deptford's rotas have been merged and not everybody has been route learned yet.
(01 Dec 2023, 4:48 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Have I completely missed the code needed for free tickets on the app?

I couldn't find it either.
Im pleased this is over. We can now get back to the more pleasing topics of

Broken USB ports
The Angel being as reliable as chocolate fire guard
Coast Road services
Second hand tat from London
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(01 Dec 2023, 4:48 pm)ne14ne1 wrote Have I completely missed the code needed for free tickets on the app?

Think the code will be put on the GNE website each day to redeem on the app
(01 Dec 2023, 4:30 pm)big mac wrote https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/welcome-back

At least they have done it to allow people to get back out to make up some money they lost during the strikes at work.
I know some people will be mad at it saying the company will miss out making money, but its a great gesture to bring everyone back on the Buses that they've missed out on for a month.

So its something to say sorry about  Smile
(01 Dec 2023, 4:34 pm)mb134 wrote TNE tickets available for free - assume GNE will be paying Nexus to cover the revenue due to themselves for the T&W Metro, and due to Arriva and Stagecoach?

If so, where's all this money been hiding for the past few months?

It's mad. When I originally saw the tweet, I assumed it'd be singles, not the tickets that others are entitled revenue from. How does it even work with the TNE tickets for example?

Anyone who doesn't already have a monthly or annual ticket, they'd be mad to not download the GNE app and bag a free TNE day ticket on there. Regardless of whether you ever use a GNE service.

(01 Dec 2023, 4:50 pm)Ambassador wrote Im pleased this is over. We can now get back to the more pleasing topics of

Broken USB ports
The Angel being as reliable as chocolate fire guard
Coast Road services
Second hand tat from London

I hope the post-match rant doesn't disappoint tomorrow night  Big Grin
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(01 Dec 2023, 5:19 pm)Adrian wrote I hope the post-match rant doesn't disappoint tomorrow night  Big Grin

You’re safe! I’m in Barcelona with work (an integrated transport joy)
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(01 Dec 2023, 4:34 pm)mb134 wrote TNE tickets available for free - assume GNE will be paying Nexus to cover the revenue due to themselves for the T&W Metro, and due to Arriva and Stagecoach?

If so, where's all this money been hiding for the past few months?

so on sunday im off to the rigg. I was going to get the 6 quid ticket on the metro. use it on the arriva bus to the rig, use it on the arriva bus back to town then either 27 or metro home.  If i get the 27 into town will all these journeys be free?
(01 Dec 2023, 6:18 pm)Rob44 wrote so on sunday im off to the rigg. I was going to get the 6 quid ticket on the metro. use it on the arriva bus to the rig, use it on the arriva bus back to town then either 27 or metro home.  If i get the 27 into town will all these journeys be free?

Buy it on the 27 - free.
Buy it on the metro and it's going to cost.
(01 Dec 2023, 4:50 pm)Ambassador wrote Im pleased this is over. We can now get back to the more pleasing topics of

Coast Road services

Let me be the first to suggest that Stagecoach should split the 22 at Willington Quay with one service going to Silverlink/Cobalt (22), and the other going to Hadrian Park (23).....

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
(01 Dec 2023, 6:33 pm)Andreos1 wrote Buy it on the 27 - free.
Buy it on the metro and it's going to cost.

An extra pint and a half curtosey of GNE!!!  Always were my favourite company!!!
(01 Dec 2023, 10:46 am)cbma06 wrote Came across this on Facebook

[Image: 6d42bae4b8805ff4de08d84374373f70.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming there's going to be some serious retention issues here if this is true. If 50% of drivers pretty much rejected this, there's 50% of staff unhappy with their wage, combined with management that have been twats as an understatement. Wouldn't be surprised to see masses leaving. 

I know if I was in that position and had an alternative I'd be thinking about it. There's clearly no loyalty for working there.
(01 Dec 2023, 6:37 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Let me be the first to suggest that Stagecoach should split the 22 at Willington Quay with one service going to Silverlink/Cobalt (22), and the other going to Hadrian Park (23).....

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Wouldn't be a bad move TBH if the 'driver shortages' continue. Plus would help Stagecoach as PVR would reduce by 1x
(01 Dec 2023, 6:42 pm)Storx wrote Assuming there's going to be some serious retention issues here if this is true. If 50% of drivers pretty much rejected this, there's 50% of staff unhappy with their wage, combined with management that have been twats as an understatement. Wouldn't be surprised to see masses leaving. 

I know if I was in that position and had an alternative I'd be thinking about it. There's clearly no loyalty for working there.

Maybe the drivers were just wanting to be off over xmas with there 76 quid a day?  Although ive heard somewhere else that the union was going to reduce this in the coming weeks?

Agreed with the way management have conducted themselves like - but if the driver feel that strongly they can move on i suppose.  Im always threatening to leave my job but wont even theough im going to be paid just lest then a bus driver when they get there jan pay increase