You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Trespassing
(07 Jun 2014, 4:01 pm)marxistafozzski wrote That made chuckle, making bombs Big Grin

What kind of bomb maker would make a bomb in a bus station, if you were to bomb the bus station you make it first and take it with you Big Grin

A bit of an extreme statement to make, who did he think you were, Al-Qaeda in Sunderland Big Grin

You ain't a card carrying member of the FPF by any chance, are you, that would rouse anyone's suspicions ;-) Tongue

Al-Qaeda in Sunderland haha - sounds like a bus company! Tongue
(07 Jun 2014, 3:44 pm)Tom wrote Yeah Smile - Just testing out my new camera, and it takes decent photos. I will post the one I was able to take later.

didn't go out apart from shopping for my mam
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(07 Jun 2014, 3:25 pm)Tom wrote Got told in Park Lane today that I couldn't take photos in case I was bomb making, rudely too.

Bomb making well I know your not a terrorist and we can rule ya out for the worlds most wanted terrorist nexus told me that years ago am like am not a terrorist but put it this way Nexus I cannot be bothered to reason with anymore I gave up on them
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(07 Jun 2014, 5:14 pm)danpick wrote didn't go out apart from shopping for my mam

I was in Newcastle today saw a few oddities and my mum works with yours
Owner of Bella the Cat

I rarely go to Middlesbrough hate it there last time I was there my privacy was invaded while on X10 to Heworth on Facebook that was last year around June/July time I would rather photograph buses in nearby Stockton
Owner of Bella the Cat

Site Administrator
Just had my first telling off for taking photos in a bus station, even though my camera was turned off!

Was in Gateshead Interchange on the corner in between the X66 stand and Citylink stand, camera round my neck and turned off, and the guy who is always in Gateshead Interchange came up to me and said "You're not taking photos of buses, are you?" and I said "Not at the moment", to which the Nexus supervisor said "You can go to either of those corners to take photos because that's outside of the Interchange... But under no circumstances can you take photos within the Interchange".

I was going to argue and ask him where the evidence of this rule is within the Interchange, but as I'm still half asleep, I just left it...
(28 Jun 2014, 7:17 am)Dan wrote Just had my first telling off for taking photos in a bus station, even though my camera was turned off!

Was in Gateshead Interchange on the corner in between the X66 stand and Citylink stand, camera round my neck and turned off, and the guy who is always in Gateshead Interchange came up to me and said "You're not taking photos of buses, are you?" and I said "Not at the moment", to which the Nexus supervisor said "You can go to either of those corners to take photos because that's outside of the Interchange... But under no circumstances can you take photos within the Interchange".

I was going to argue and ask him where the evidence of this rule is within the Interchange, but as I'm still half asleep, I just left it...

You should consider submitting an FOI request requesting Nexus to provide evidence of this rule in an attempt to clarify policy pertaining to photography in bus stations.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/body/nexus
(28 Jun 2014, 7:17 am)Dan wrote Just had my first telling off for taking photos in a bus station, even though my camera was turned off!

It's probs David Archbold causing trouble again to tell ya the truth I do not like him he is always causing trouble for me and the rest of us you should complain to nexus I've tried but get no response from there nexus have been causing issues for everyone so you are not alone in the dark
Owner of Bella the Cat

Site Administrator
Re: RE: Trespassing
(28 Jun 2014, 9:31 am)Racer_Experience wrote It's probs David Archbold causing trouble again to tell ya the truth I do not like him he is always causing trouble for me and the rest of us you should complain to nexus I've tried but get no response from there nexus have been causing issues for everyone so you are not alone in the dark
Aye, that was him!
Site Administrator
(28 Jun 2014, 9:43 am)aureolin wrote I bet he wasn't as sharp to challenge all the folk smoking round the Interchange?
Didn't bother saying owt to the bloke who was pissed running around on the road of the bus station - so I'd assume if there were people smoking, he wouldn't have said owt to them either!
Marxista Fozzski
(28 Jun 2014, 9:45 am)Dan wrote Didn't bother saying owt to the bloke who was pissed running around on the road of the bus station - so I'd assume if there were people smoking, he wouldn't have said owt to them either!

He would a probably got lip back off the pisshead
(28 Jun 2014, 9:32 am)Dan wrote Aye, that was him!

I do not know why he is still with Nexus in the 1st place I complained more than once about him but nowt has been said if he had of still worked at his former job aka Go North East they would have delt with it by now you should complain that david is being horrible towards ya and the rest of the bus community including me even once I was talking to a pal of mine he tried to rudely try to talk to me then when I was talking to a A-Line driver the same now I wish that David would pack up his stuff and leave Nexus his terrorising has caused everyone problems
Owner of Bella the Cat

Marxista Fozzski
(28 Jun 2014, 9:59 am)Racer_Experience wrote I do not know why he is still with Nexus in the 1st place I complained more than once about him but nowt has been said if he had of still worked at his former job aka Go North East they would have delt with it by now you should complain that david is being horrible towards ya and the rest of the bus community including me even once I was talking to a pal of mine he tried to rudely try to talk to me then when I was talking to a A-Line driver the same now I wish that David would pack up his stuff and leave Nexus his terrorising has caused everyone problems

I am gonna have to pay a visit to Gateshead sometime soon, see if this guy says owt to me, sounds like a reet bell-end
(28 Jun 2014, 10:13 am)marxistafozzski wrote I am gonna have to pay a visit to Gateshead sometime soon, see if this guy says owt to me, sounds like a reet bell-end

Lets all go and stand there with cameras round our neck but not take any photos. Big Grin
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(28 Jun 2014, 10:13 am)marxistafozzski wrote I am gonna have to pay a visit to Gateshead sometime soon, see if this guy says owt to me, sounds like a reet bell-end
David Archbold has caused everyone problems even his former company he causes trouble for he thinks he can become manager when he cannot if he becomes a member of the rally official he will loose his coat within 2 mins
Owner of Bella the Cat

Marxista Fozzski
(28 Jun 2014, 1:06 pm)aureolin wrote Lets all go and stand there with cameras round our neck but not take any photos. Big Grin

Do I sense a flash mob is in the making hear
(28 Jun 2014, 2:10 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Do I sense a flash mob is in the making hear
Do it as a silent protest. Just stand at a bus stop with a visible camera. What are they going to do? Tell everyone that cameras aren't allowed now? They'd have to go around and make sure no one has a smartphone if that's the case now...
(28 Jun 2014, 2:26 pm)Marcus wrote I personally wouldn't mind assisting you all with something like the camera protest. The Nexus staff at Gateshead are both rude and unhelpful. That bloke who cleans up the X66s and the folks in the little travel shop are as well.

Am with ya on that one Marcus if we all write letters to Nexus we could win the battle between cameras some of the nexus staff are rude but I supposed there paid to do it but if we email them and form a union bus spotters will win the battle for cameras or whatever you take pics with like phones
Owner of Bella the Cat

(28 Jun 2014, 3:08 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Am with ya on that one Marcus if we all write letters to Nexus we could win the battle between cameras some of the nexus staff are rude but I supposed there paid to do it but if we email them and form a union bus spotters will win the battle for cameras or whatever you take pics with like phones

I don't take photos - but if we outnumber them, they might not be so quick to attack. Probably go and get the police from down in the Metro, who are just as unhelpful.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: Trespassing
Writing letters is no good Baz, you have said yourself they don't reply to you, so what is to say if a few of us wrote they wouldn't take any notice.

I think the bigger picture here is not about bell end Nexus employees, well it is, but the issue here is one of health and safety. I would love to see the Nexus Handbook and see what it says in regards to bus photography, if there is nothing in black and white prohibiting it, then I say a few of us go down and test Nexus patience, and do it with a decent number of people so we can't be picked off 1 by 1...

The whole thing is getting stupid now, and I really don't see why we can't take photos in a bus station, yes people may run in front of buses, or generally jump in the road, but I bet for every idiot there are 5 decent enough enthusiasts...

Nexus can't win really, they don't want us taking pictures, which pisses us off, we just good folk enjoying a hobby, and as long as we stick to paths and not out of bounds areas, then what harm is being done...

On the flip side, someone runs in the road, bus hits them, they are seriously injured or god forbid, dead and Nexus have a huge problem on there hands, it will be a sad day when an enthusiast dies just for the sake of a picture and not worth gambling with your life.

But anyway, there is no excuse for Nexus staff to be rude, a polite request to move would be enough instead of being a bell end
(28 Jun 2014, 3:22 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Writing letters is no good Baz, you have said yourself they don't reply to you, so what is to say if a few of us wrote they wouldn't take any notice.

I think the bigger picture here is not about bell end Nexus employees, well it is, but the issue here is one of health and safety. I would love to see the Nexus Handbook and see what it says in regards to bus photography, if there is nothing in black and white prohibiting it, then I say a few of us go down and test Nexus patience, and do it with a decent number of people so we can't be picked off 1 by 1...

The whole thing is getting stupid now, and I really don't see why we can't take photos in a bus station, yes people may run in front of buses, or generally jump in the road, but I bet for every idiot there are 5 decent enough enthusiasts...

Nexus can't win really, they don't want us taking pictures, which pisses us off, we just good folk enjoying a hobby, and as long as we stick to paths and not out of bounds areas, then what harm is being done...

On the flip side, someone runs in the road, bus hits them, they are seriously injured or god forbid, dead and Nexus have a huge problem on there hands, it will be a sad day when an enthusiast dies just for the sake of a picture and not worth gambling with your life.

But anyway, there is no excuse for Nexus staff to be rude, a polite request to move would be enough instead of being a bell end

Although this isn't it - I can't name any cases where many employees have gone along with this;

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...policy.pdf
(28 Jun 2014, 3:08 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Am with ya on that one Marcus if we all write letters to Nexus we could win the battle between cameras some of the nexus staff are rude but I supposed there paid to do it but if we email them and form a union bus spotters will win the battle for cameras or whatever you take pics with like phones

Nobody is paid to be rude. Nexus quite rightly display posters around their bus station to say that they wont tolerate abuse towards their staff, but that should be a two way process.

Nexus have exercised their right to ban photography on their land, but I'd argue that this has been done for the wrong reasons, and more importantly, without consultation. So whilst it's important for us all to acknowledge that they choose not to allow photography, it doesn't mean that we can't force a change or suggest an alternative that both parties are happy with. The policy is a farce really. I'm yet to see it actually written anywhere, and it makes no sense. I can't think of anywhere else (apart from TFL) that challenge photography in and around their stations.

You're right though. If you make a big enough of a point it can force people to want to resolve the gripes.

(28 Jun 2014, 3:22 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Writing letters is no good Baz, you have said yourself they don't reply to you, so what is to say if a few of us wrote they wouldn't take any notice.

Aye it's absolutely pointless writing to them. I had a written response from practically the top, and it failed to address any concerns that I raised, other than that NEB would be consulted when they review their policy.

(28 Jun 2014, 3:31 pm)Marcus wrote Although this isn't it - I can't name any cases where many employees have gone along with this;

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...policy.pdf

That's for Metro (as in DB Tyne and Wear), not Nexus.