You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Best of the big three?
(07 Aug 2022, 7:17 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I think, as Andreos has been saying (If I ever say those words again, put me down), they really need to start again from scratch, look at where people are and where they want to go, and put some f**cking buses between them! Cutting service after service is never going to result in anything other than a spiral of decline.

Why hasn't there been a massive consultation with the public on public transport, asking people where they want to go?
I get it's a lot of effort, and probably a fair bit of money, but it's not exactly a difficult job. It'd be mostly quantitative data that could easily be sorted automatically!
In fact, given that my day job is literally working on market research and we deal with large consultations quite regularly, it's something I could probably very easily do if I could be arsed!

It's arguably the sort of thing Nexus/NCC/DCC should be doing as a combined approach, after all a decent chunk of routes in the NE spend time in multiple areas. 

Realistically it should have been done at the start of 2021 to give operators a chance to implement the outcomes and give them a year or so to settle in while being subsidised by the government.

Best of the big three?