You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Best of the big three?
Am ok so I have a pass but to be honest at the moment I would have to say Arriva is the best of the three but I am judging them on quality of service and how good the buses are from where I live.

Arriva. Despite cutting the number of destinations from the town and reducing the 23 the majority of the fleet is comfortable and most of them now have next stop announcements. Services still pretty regular with 15 minutes between the 23 and 24 and 57/57A not been to bad. They do get marked down for the awful uncomfortable seats on the enviro 200 though.

Stagecoach. Where do I start here. Since taking over Hartlepool Transport and Cleveland Transit in 1995 services have been cut right back with not much of a service after 6.30. The majority of the fleet is awful buses often get full and they can be unreliable. Investment is badly needed but Stagecoach won’t invest. Providing it’s not broke down though then Stagecoach do provide a 10 minute service ( although it can often be late resulting in buses playing leapfrog with each other ) and the seats are comfortable so could be worse. The only thing needed is a slightly better network and better buses.

Go North East. The worst of the big three. Can’t even be bothered to serve the town anymore so they can make the buses as nice and shiny as they want but if they don’t serve the area for me to use them much it a bit redundant. Often messing about with services what was once a stable network is now a complete mess. They have gone from best to worse within just a few years.

Best of the big three?