You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(14 Sep 2023, 11:57 am)Chris 1 wrote I thought they would have come back with another offer but maybe not, straight to ACAS?

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/go-north-e...ACAS-talks

Wow. Did Ben miss his calling as an Editor for the Daily Mail?! 

It doesn't matter what RPI and CPI are now. Back in July 2023, which I assume from the backdating is the pay review date, then RPI was at 10.9% and CPI at 6.8%. Making the offer below inflation, as Unite state... this is all publicly available information.

It's about as 'inflation-busting' as the 'congestion-busting' buses. I'm sure he's not as naive to think that you can drag your heels on a pay review, waiting for conditions to improve, and then make a backdated offer based on that?

It's also worth noting that the supposed offer includes "some standardisation of working practices across its six depots". So again, depending what these changes are, the offer could be a below-inflation uplift plus cuts to terms and working conditions.

The proposal of ACAS talks sounds like smoke and mirrors to me at this stage. Having been involved in them in the past, they can be largely unproductive if you're at polar opposites to each other. This is often the case when terms changes are attempted to be tied into a pay offer.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages