You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(25 Sep 2023, 11:54 am)Adrian wrote I disagree. They put out on their Social Media that they'll be attending talks facilitated by ACAS on Friday 22nd September, so I think they've put the onus on themselves to provide an update to customers following that, even if nothing has changed.

Buses are the only option for many, so customers will be understandably desperate for information and updates. They're unfortunate to be stuck in the middle, but I hope they're understanding that any action like this is an absolute last resort by Union members. As much as the company are keen to blame Unite, it always takes two to tango, and there'd not be a dispute if there wasn't a bad employer in the mix.

I don’t disagree that they put the onus on themselves to make some kind of statement following the talks but to me at least it feels as if they have tried to pass it off as new information. If nothing has changed then say that. Could quite easily have said 

“ACAS talks took place on Friday 22nd of September -and further talks will be taking place on Tuesday 26th September. However, at this time no agreement has been reached and trikes are still planned to go ahead on the following dates:

Xxxx

We are still advising that passengers make alternative arrangements for the duration of these strikes as only a skeleton service will run and school busses will be prioritised. 

We apologise for the disruption that will be caused during these strikes and will issue and update in due course should talks ACAS talks progress in a positive manner.”

It’s a lot more transparent and makes it clear that there is no change in position.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages