You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(03 Oct 2023, 8:48 pm)TEN 6083 wrote MG may have had his faults, but things didn’t get so bad that the drivers went on strike. GNE has regressed a lot more since he came in and aren’t the first operator to go on strike with him there, as GNW did the same a couple of years back.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
I know MG does get a lot of stick, but one thing you can say he did try with GNE, he tried low fares, increase frequencys tbh apart from a few frequnecy cuts (56/20/53/54/60) really during his tenure GNE had the best timetables. 

He may have left them in 4.5m in debt but maybe his tactics would have worked if it wasn't for COVID. 

Branding we all have an opinion on it but I dont really see the issue with having it on routes which make money, branding that i didnt like was the Sunderland and District if it was all inter-city services around Sunderland with SC aswell it may have worked but it was all on routes which arent the best money making which also was coupled with the aging fleet, there is basically only yhe Berries and the Graphite and Silver interwork now so thats a bit of a waste of time,.

But then the drivers shortage the frequency cuts just make GNE an absolute mess

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages