You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

Site Administrator
(04 Oct 2023, 7:01 am)Unber43 wrote I do agree, about GNE losing money, but I dont think its about the pay increase I think its the further retractment of employee beneifts, as I am pretty sure they are removing  paid meal breaks (personally I think they should be paid if you have it over 30 mins), and extending driving tme (personally I think 4.5 hours) is enough but I can see why GNE are not budging on this as this would have some royal screw ups with the X10/24/26 etc. 

Also I agree with your comments about MG.

There is no proposal to remove paid meal breaks, and never has been.

The proposal was to extend unpaid meal breaks from 30 minutes to 45 (better matching Arriva and Stagecoach), but this has since been taken off the table by the company.

Currently, any break in excess of 30 minutes is paid. That applies to the majority of GNE’s drivers. Some (a smaller number of legacy drivers) have their entire meal break paid, though their hourly rate is lower (and they are able to go onto a higher rate in exchange for going onto 30 minute unpaid meal breaks whenever they like). This would remain the case in the current offer to Unite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages