You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(09 Oct 2023, 10:58 pm)DaveFromUpNorth wrote Spoke to a driver "today" who nearly broke down in tears getting off the bus and said sorry I just need a break

Chatter to him about the strike and his words I have to work for the next 19 days without a day off as I am not in the union and the they have just changed my shifts

I asked him if he would reconsider and join the union

Was nearly at bubbling point and explained a list of bills where he couldn't afford to go on strike as much as he would of joined but the strike money is just not enough at this monemt of time

I am forced to work

Solidarity to that driver

That's a truly awful situation to be in, and I really feel for them.  Assuming they have been with the company long enough and qualify for the company sick pay the best thing they can do is to do the opposite of what they naturally feel, and get themselves off on the sick and give themselves time to breathe and regroup - although in not as bad a situation as that, it's something I have done personally - and they're quite within their rights to do so if the company are putting undue and unnecessary pressure on them to work in that way.  I just hope they're not in the situation where they rely on regular overtime to be able to pay the bills - it's an awful situation to be in.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages