You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(10 Oct 2023, 6:05 pm)F114TML wrote Yes it is unless you're very crafty with your start/end times.

The rule is 24 hours' continuous break after 13 days, so you could, say, work 0600-1500 on day 13, then work 1600-2400 on day 14, and you'd be legal, which I suspect is what that driver's doing.

Which may be in line with the rules on fortnightly rest, but I'd argue not within the spirit of them.

Whenever I look at the GB domestic rules, I can't help but think the whole thing requires a massive overhaul. I wonder if any Unions are campaigning on this? The whole thing is like something from the Victorian times, compared to say the Working Time Directive. 

An office worker is entitled to 1 day in 7 or 2 days in 14 off (and in reality it's closer to 39 or 63 hours), yet someone driving a bus carrying 60+ people can manage with not even a single proper day off to relax. At the same time, they could be (and apparently, encouraged to) working up to 60 hour weeks on the bounce.

Madness. Surprised they aren't asking you to bring your kids in and sending them up the chimney, whilst they're at it.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages