You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(11 Oct 2023, 9:56 pm)Adrian wrote Yeah, certainly official communications anyway.

I've seen a couple of office staff with the unofficial propaganda lines towards the dispute on resident Facebook groups lately.

Unsure if that is part of their industrial relations strategy or people working freelance, but I reckon most customers would prefer to hear it straight from the company.

Indeed, and as much abuse as he gets here, to his credit in the face of provocation Dan isn’t one of them and keeps a professional silence (don’t worry Dan, I’m not getting soft, I’d still sack the lot of you…or at least retrain you) 

I’ve seen non striking General Managers, Dogsbody enthusiast types gloating on Twitter and Facebook and it does leave a sour taste but also unlocks why there’s such unhappiness and strained relations. You can’t stop those people holding their views but it seems GNE in particular have a real issue with wholly unprofessional and unregulated social media behaviour and you again have to say…where is the leadership? The coaching? I’m sure Go Ahead Head Office is  detached from the day to day (another issue) but if you sent those tweets and Facebook posts to any professional organisation…they’d be gone and I say this as a warning to members of those Facebook groups and those who tweet…you’re clearly in breach and if adults at Go Ahead get involved….you’re gone
Wistfully stuck in the 90s

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages