You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
I’ve seen GNEs internal comms on a few sites now, some I’d consider very centre right to right wing and the rest pretty centrist to left. So the whole spectrum, it’s even appeared on LinkedIn on how not to manage crisis comms.

Every single site contributor has criticised the statement as unprofessional and appalling. Less PG words also used!

My HR hat on, I remain…agahst. GNE knew this would be leaked, what was the end game? The management look out of touch and incapable of handling basic colleague communications. The Union just ride the wave but…I just can’t understand who authorised this.

People are at the heart of any organisation and culture is absolutely key, it’s at its best when people don’t even notice it, it’s clearly not the case at GNE unless you are one of the chosen few. Hell you can even pretend to care a little

I’d be sacked if I put that statement out and I’d sack anyone who did as well. Would these people survive in any other industry?

And the continuing Facebook and Twitter in jokes and posts on various sites…there’s no management or control. It’s us vs them.

I’m off to pour a large wine and thank the Lord I work in an industry led by grown ups and professionals and not whatever is updating displays or popping out nonsense that like in memos
Wistfully stuck in the 90s

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages