You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(19 Oct 2023, 6:42 pm)UniteTheOnion wrote I think you may have answered your own question there. If there’s a crash, they’ve got to deal with however many buses are affected by that crash. I wonder how many people work in there at any one time. Cannot be many! 

Bus drivers shouldn’t need babysitting really, if they’re late, then that’s on them, barring traffic and obvious other issues, but GNE usually put that on their website for you to see.

Crikey, evident you don't use buses. 

Buses can run late for hundreds of reasons, and at most the driver is responsible for a few. Dodgy ticket machines, mechanical issues, problem passengers, large passenger loadings are just some very common examples of why buses are late that drivers have nothing to do with. Even reasons that I'd say are down to the driver, such as being new to a route or being new in general, aren't really their fault. 

You'll note that in job descriptions for bus drivers, keeping the bus on time is not mentioned. Delivering safe journeys, getting people where they need to go, and offering good customer service are the usual responsibilities listed (or some rewording of those).

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages