You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: At last.......
(24 Oct 2023, 2:19 pm)Ambassador wrote Until you have truly integrated ticketing you can't do it but it's not 1970s, public attitude to public transport isn't intermodal. They want the easiest option. They don't want to get off, hike down the endless stairs in the uninviting, mobile phone signal-ess tiled hell hole of Gateshead Metro station where they might not even get a seat on a jam packed metro.

The Metro doesn't offer access to the infamous Microbus/Askew Road area or the southern entry areas to the City 

Metro's problems aren't limited to it's rolling stock. You'd need to address safety and access issues first and the general capacity. 

It's why we still have Metrolink and the bus network duplicating and running side by side in Manchester

- In terms of Gateshead - they need to realign the signals so buses can flow through Askew Road and onto the Tyne Bridge - there's far too many traffic lights down there that impede the bus journey

Some goo points but i would say

! Askew road is now much better then it was and that's from the experience of using it.  I once missed the forst few minutes of an NUFC game as the bus i was on was stuck in the old layout for what seemed like hours!  i wish i'd taken my own advise that day and got the metro!

Im sure if they said in April 1st 2024 all GNE bus will terminate at gateshead GNE and Nexus and other will have worked out a system and improved what you mentioned.  They are not cowboy outfits you know!

In all my years of traveling i'd be lucky if 50 people have got off at askew road or on at the south end of the high level

I know noting about Manchester as the few times i've been there i seem to spend most of my time in pubs but i haven't said anything about getting rid of buses such as the 1 ( which i've heard duplicates most of the merto line).

At last.......