You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
I think this will lead to Featham looking at closing at least one depot, or at least provide his reasoning behind doing it if he already had one planned. If the strike does last for 12 weeks, that's an awful lot of revenue not coming in and they will still have some fixed costs going out.

I'd take a guess at Percy Main not being long for this world. Majority of the services could easily be operated from Riverside, certainly the 307/9, 1, 327, and ToonTour. You'd think the NTRs could be operated from there too, unless the strike kills them off passenger numbers wise which is a possibility with the 352/355 in particular. I'd think the only issue would be finding locations for breaks, maybe wherever is currently used for Q3 breaks?

The other depots to me seem relatively safe, in terms of not being to easily operate their routes from somewhere else. You'd then look at depots which maybe don't have a massively strong set of routes. Possibly Hexham, if the contract work there isn't particularly lucrative?

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages