You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(27 Oct 2023, 7:16 pm)Storx wrote Not think they'll just bin them off instead? Can't imagine the Coast Road being as lucrative as some make it out to be, especially with massive drives, and the 1 I can't exactly seeing being a gold mine either, it duplicates the 22 and 306 for big parts of it's route.

Either way, it's got to be Saltmeadows first surely and Dunston, with the ops moved into one of the depots aswell.

I think the Coast Road is still decent enough, I'd definitely think it would be something they'd happily move to Riverside if need be. Since the reduction of all routes to every 20 minutes, all 308/309s I've used have had pretty decent loads (I haven't really used the 306/7 so can't comment). With the 1 it's essentially just swapping back to what the 97 would have done but with a route extension, no? I think there are some decent routes at PM, but looking at it from the outside there's also some that are probably dragging it down and overall I'd think it's an easy target after all this? 

In terms of Saltmeadows, isn't that only currently used by agency drivers? I'd sort of discounted that from my thinking tbh.

(27 Oct 2023, 6:29 pm)Unber43 wrote But does there contract work in Hexham not lead people into getting the 10/684 with the selection of day/weekly passes. 

Percy Main is the one to shut down, **if** NTR don't work out but cancellatons at Riverside would go through the roof as the drivers would either move to Slateford or Arriva Northumbria

No idea, really not sure how lucrative it is at all. But I'd imagine with the new TNE ticketing, even if the routes are ran by independents then I'd think NCC may ensure tickets could be used on the 10? 

I'd think Stagecoach would be the obvious one, but I think it'll depend on if it's another CLS/Jesmond situation and there are financial incentives to stay with GNE if any closures were to happen?

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages