You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(27 Oct 2023, 7:32 pm)mb134 wrote I think the Coast Road is still decent enough, I'd definitely think it would be something they'd happily move to Riverside if need be. Since the reduction of all routes to every 20 minutes, all 308/309s I've used have had pretty decent loads (I haven't really used the 306/7 so can't comment). With the 1 it's essentially just swapping back to what the 97 would have done but with a route extension, no? I think there are some decent routes at PM, but looking at it from the outside there's also some that are probably dragging it down and overall I'd think it's an easy target after all this? 

In terms of Saltmeadows, isn't that only currently used by agency drivers? I'd sort of discounted that from my thinking tbh.

Aye some fair points but if it was going to lead to cancellations, then it's arguably the 'easiest' route to get arid of without a PR disaster as the vast majority of it is covered by Arriva services, albeit rather infrequent now.

Who knows what I Squared motivations are but if they're going on what they're really talking about, maybe they could be interested in purchasing the depot instead, GNE citing losses, I Squared citing consildation of the Coast Road services or whatever. Could be a good move for both parties. Obviously that depends on I Squared motives though.

Honestly I'm not sure what the point of Saltmeadows is, if I had to be honest. It always just seems like a glorified paint shop... but I might be missing something. I'm not aware of any other company having similar though - at all.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages