You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(29 Oct 2023, 7:09 pm)mb134 wrote I'm not too sure how that is all worked out to be honest, just used it as an example for easy maths to show the growth needed. I had thought that it was based on passenger numbers/revenue before the introduction, with the reviews to reflect any growth that the £2 fares have had? 

Looking at it another way, though, their All Zones day ticket is £7.50 on the app. They'd need an extra 2500 of those sold per day to get in the £19000 of extra daily revenue needed to pay for the pay increases. 

On the passenger numbers, I can only see 175,000 per day stated in that article? "As one of the main bus operators in the area, the company has a fleet of almost 700 buses and coaches and said about 175,000 people usually boarded its services each day.".

To be fair though, assume there's 500 buses on a road every day. It's only 5 passenger per bus every day. Seems a lot but when you break it down it's not really much at all.

Just picking the 20/20A which is every 15 minutes between Durham and Sunderland. There's roughly 100 runs with both directions combined, if you got an extra 3 passengers on each run (not exactly unrealistic - this was 6 BPH pre Covid adding the X20 in) then you're 15% or so of the way there already. Do the same on the 21, 56 and X1 and you'll be well on your way there.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages