You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(03 Nov 2023, 10:01 pm)Ambassador wrote Stagecoach get a lot of stick (deservedly at times) but I can’t praise the proactiveness of their team in reacting to strikes. They’ve reached out to People Departments, furnished us with alternative routes and information, no pressure either, just a genuine supportive piece. A lot of colleagues are hugely impressed with how much quicker the 22X is vs the X39 for example (and nicer vehicles too)

The majority of people I manage, in the low thousands, are hybrid and do one or two days. They have no loyalty to an operator but after the utter failure of trying to get anything out of GNE for the past few months, we’re strongly pushing Stagecoach along with nexus options to colleagues where it’s available.

I have to credit the nexus and cobalt travel teams too for doing their darnedest and the very lovely people at Gateshead central for their efforts too

Probably not the correct forum but… this is definitely not the Stagecoach I know and love. An ageing fleet of Enviro400s cancelled journeys if they rack up delay minutes leaving huge gaps in infrequent services. The E400 I was on last night had a strong smell of coolant/diesel inside the lower deck looked like someone had chucked a bucket of water over it. Failing that squashed into a Enviro200 on a route that is supposed to be a decker!

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages