You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
https://x.com/GAGNigel/status/1676205307863736320?s=20 This was the last photo of Nigel in the NE whcih I could find, I wonder who he was standing next to? Maybe the fall man for all of this

(05 Nov 2023, 1:17 pm)Storx wrote He's part of the reason, things are in this mess. The Chester Le Street handling was as ugly as this and it's never recovered with constant cancellations at Riverside ever since.

Absolutely wrecked staff morale with his mishandling at the same time. Not to mention cutting frequencies way too early, unlike Stagecoach and Arriva who held off for months to try and actually let things recover and they have in most areas with some areas actually increasing.

I wouldn't be surprised if stuff like the 21, X1, 45/46/47 etc. would've recovered better if they didn't cut it down to the bone straight away, they're all no different to the X21 and X22 at Ashington which are doing very well. Similar to the X9 and X10, especially with the rail strikes but no the strike hammer was done.
True, I definitely thought some changes were all of a sudden especially around consett, it went from the best network to an awful network.

However I wonder if he was the fall man for GNE requests especially around the CLS closure

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages