You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(06 Nov 2023, 7:11 pm)Iamtheone8483748 wrote Ben Maxfield added, “We persuaded ACAS to became involved in talks weeks ago and even they have struggled to keep Unite at the negotiating table. I think that says it all.

“This dispute, this strike, is entirely of Unite’s making. All we want is for the local union representatives to work constructively and collaboratively with us to secure a resolution.

Focusing on these two bits:
  • Isn't part of the function of ACAS to help mediate strike talks, I hardly think they would have had to be "persuaded" them to become involve? 
  • It, by the nature of strike action, is not entirely of Unite's making. The GNE staff voted for this overwhelmingly (twice!), and regardless of the feasibility of the conditions offered GNE *could* end this at any time by giving them what is asked for. 

The statements strike me as wanting to gaslight the public and paint GNE as some angelic company. Obviously the truth is somewhere in the middle, but the communications on all of this have been unlike anything I've seen from any company that respects itself, their employees, and their customers.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages