You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
While i think that communication from GNE with the survey results is terrible, I have noticed the longer the strikes have been going on, the more negativity I'm hearing regarding the drivers and union stance, even from left wing friends which surprised me.

I guess those headline figures for the pay rise look good to people who work for the NHS, government, private companies which have got nowhere near double figures. Unless you read this forum or know drivers, not many will understand the other concerns.

The majority of people I speak to and online views I read still have Go North East as enemy number 1, but I do think the longer this drags out, the less sympathy people have for the drivers.

As for the question on Unite, they are partially thinking of their drivers, but anyone who thinks unions are 100% focused on getting the best for the people they represent are wrong. There is a political element to this and what works best politically for the union is always their number one priority.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages