You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(15 Nov 2023, 9:35 pm)Dan wrote Of course, that is your opinion. I am sure others have formed a similar opinion based on the few internal briefings which have been leaked.

Nonetheless, Unite has stated the strike is due to a ‘derisory pay offer’. The strike doesn’t really take into account how employees feel about directors of the company, and means the dispute itself is (or should be) about pay and pay only.

I am good friends with plenty of drivers who openly admit they are content with the offer, don’t particularly care about any of the mutual combative communications between the company and Unite, and are only on strike because they are following the recommendations of the Union, so in the meantime are ‘enjoying an extended holiday’, as they don’t have to even go to the picket line during the week to be eligible for strike pay.

One would suggest that furlough during the Covid-19 pandemic has a lot to answer for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm good friends with a few who are striking because they believe they have to, and are expecting to move on from Go Ahead employment soon because it is no longer a place they feel comfortable working. Personally, while I'm not always supportive of unions, I find the suggestion that people are striking for "free holiday" a highly unlikely scenario and I hate the constant suggestion that Covid has made people lazy.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages