You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

Site Administrator
(15 Nov 2023, 9:46 pm)Shrek wrote I'm good friends with a few who are striking because they believe they have to, and are expecting to move on from Go Ahead employment soon because it is no longer a place they feel comfortable working. Personally, while I'm not always supportive of unions, I find the suggestion that people are striking for "free holiday" a highly unlikely scenario and I hate the constant suggestion that Covid has made people lazy.

Oh, absolutely. Each individual has a different motivation.

Some will genuinely be on strike because they feel the pay offer isn’t acceptable, others are on strike because they have seen how ‘scabs’ have been treated by their colleagues, and however unlikely you deem the scenario to be, it is the truth that some are using this as an opportunity for ‘free holiday’.

Most of us on this forum are bus users, are directly employed by the company, or have friends/family who are employed by the company. This means that the strike is affecting almost all of us on this forum. One thing that we can all agree on is that the company and Unite need to resolve the dispute as soon as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages