You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(16 Nov 2023, 9:38 am)streetdeckfan wrote I'm sorry but it's completely stupid to say that GNE are forcing drivers to rely on the overtime.

If people are relying on the regular overtime to survive, that's a them problem not a GNE problem.

GNE didn't force their drivers to get themselves into debt to the point where they need the overtime.

GNE didn't force their drivers to have children they couldn't afford.

GNE didn't cause the drivers partner to lose their job so they now have to rely on one income.

GNE didn't even put Liz Truss into power allegedly causing the economy to go tits up.

If the drivers aren't living within their means, that's entirely on them and absolutely nothing to do with GNE.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

If a Colleague is working full time hours and then relying on overtime to meet cost of living and basic needs. It is a GNE problem, it would be any employers problem and lots of them do something about it, regardless of who is in Government.

It's not necessarily fixable with a pay rise - but other benefits (health care plans, helping hand loans, employee assistance programmes, link ins with Citizens Advice etc can support this and are proven methods of keeping colleague retention levels high (which they may already do for all I know)

I don't like GNE management and I don't love the Union approach either but it's not always a case of waving cash - there are other elements at play in most companies - hell, it's my day to day
Wistfully stuck in the 90s

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages