You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(26 Nov 2023, 11:44 am)busmanT wrote Don't forget that Stagecoach drivers do a lot more driving in an 8-hour shift than GNE drivers do - if GNE drivers were as productive as Stagecoach drivers I'm sure that they would be paid more!

It's like comparing the staff on the tills in Morrisons/ASDA/Tesco with those in Aldi -- the Aldi staff work a lot harder (stacking shelves between the constant announcements about tills closing/opening) so get paid more.

That comparison doesn't work at all. Most supermarkets use a 'multi-skilled' role now and can be allocated to a variety of duties throughout their shift. Even when they didn't, to use your argument of productivity, I must have missed where workers were paid depending on how many items they scan per hour!

The argument in the bus industry is somewhat comical. The industry has created a role where workers are micro-managed to the nth degree, on top of what is already a rigid role.. If drivers aren't seen as productive enough, then that's a failing on those who design routes and schedules.

As I've said before, if pay in the bus industry was performance based, the likes of Nigel and Ben would owe GNE money.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages