You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(07 Oct 2024, 2:56 pm)morritt89 wrote You have just highlighted the 2 different driver groups:

The more experienced who drive to try and keep to timetable and those who drive how the training school teaches them and how the company likes to think everyone drives (but impossible to keep to time). 

It is near impossible to stick to a timetable and drive how the company wants you to drive (especially Sundays where running time is reduced). 

Timetables may look great on paper and be fantastic for interworking patterns (and convince of saving a few quid and buses) but are they realistic and what impact does this have on driving and the overall customer experience?

And the only way for them to see sense and give extra time is through malicious compliance. 

At work I'm paid to do a certain job in half an hour, we recently got a new manager in who says I should be able to do it in half an hour so I'm being given more work to do on top. Sure, I could do the job in half an hour, but company policy allocates me half an hour to do the job, so I do it in half an hour. If I don't have time to do the extra stuff they want me to do, then that's a them problem.

Why would you risk passengers safety to try and keep to timetable if it's impossible? 
It's absolutely not in your best interest to do so, when you inevitably end up in an accident, saying "but I was just trying to keep to the timetable" won't be an acceptable excuse, and you will be absolutely thrown under the bus (alongside the old lady you hit) by the company.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
RE: Disruptions and driver shortages