Menu

Scott   25 Nov 2014, 2:12 pm
(25 Nov 2014, 1:19 pm)AdamY wrote The problem with fairness is that it's subjective. What I might feel is a fair comment others might feel is unfair.

For example, for the last two Mondays I have used GNE to travel into Gateshead and back. I've made four journeys using eight buses and, based upon my experience, I'm sick of the service already. Four of those buses have been late and the actions of two bus drivers have caused me to miss connecting buses at Metrocentre. I've also noticed that while drivers are under no obligation to wait for passengers running for the bus at bus stops, drivers of the buses I've been on have no problem on waiting for members of GNE staff running for their bus while standing at the bus stop near the Riverside depot - even though these members of staff are, like passengers, late.

Is this comment fair or unfair?

If the bus is early and departs the stop then the problem lies with the operator, however, it is up to the passenger to be at the stop on time (difficult to do if the previous bus ran late - in which case the fault is with the operator).

GNE staff may use the bus to get to a terminus point to start another route, so if the person runs late, then another service is consequently going to run late. However, I agree that Go North East should not single in person or group of persons out, so staff and passengers both get the same privlidges.

Is the service in question the X66?