You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Little Bits and Bobs: 19/12/14 Update

Site Administrator
The presentation of the "Local Bus Scene" forums has really been irritating me as of late, and I've been conjuring up various ideas to make the forums more presentable. I've finally had a chance to get round to doing a few updates, and these are outlined below:

Arriva, Go North East and Stagecoach North East forums
  • These forums have been massively 'cleaned up'. Several threads within these forums have been merged into the main "Latest" thread for each operator. There were a number of threads with minimal discussion after the original post, and the posts within some were complaints that the member had started a new thread when it could have easily fit into one of the main categorised threads.
  • All "Latest" threads merged. Last year, we decided to split each of the main "Latest" threads by month to ease strain on our servers which was making the forum run slowly. We were not consistent in doing this, meaning that threads up until mid-2013 had been split with the rest left in one massive thread. We have encountered no major problems with the speed of the forum since we upgraded to paid hosting, so I have decided to merge all of these threads back into one again.
  • All forums have been standardised. The threads in each forum have been replicated and re-named accordingly so that they are all the same. "Read Me" threads have been created explaining this in each forum.
  • "Fleet News" thread from each of the forums removed. Instead, a new announcement system will be used. After the news is published, a small announcement bar will appear on the main forum index screen for 24 hours. When the news feature was first implemented in late 2013, there were concerns that these posts were somewhat obtrusive and unnecessary. My main gripe with these posts as of late has been the fact that they are quite time-consuming, and I'm often rather pushed for time when writing up the news, so this will save a few minutes for me whilst (hopefully) combating the concerns which were made some 12+ months ago.
That's all... for now!

RE: Little Bits and Bobs: 19/12/14 Update