You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Electric vehicles
(29 May 2022, 8:00 am)54APhotography wrote What a pity CityZap has already been coined...
To be fair, there's many a brand name been used by multiple operators.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(29 May 2022, 12:41 pm)ALavery wrote I think that's quite nice and smart tbh, not a mouthful like some other brands.
I think it would look something like this if they didn't use that horrendous special livery.
not bad looking. too green tho not gonna lie
Does Riverside have enough euro 6 buses without the electric ones? 

Cos if they were to go onto the Q3, there would be enough Q3's to replace either the X20 or 35/35A
Site Administrator
Electric vehicles
(06 Jul 2022, 7:27 pm)Jack Gill wrote Are the new electrics still actually coming as it's been quite quiet and nothing has been mentioned?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I tried a Q3 for the first time the other day and... 

Pros 
- I like how you can shut the vents above you 
- Wireless Charging Ports are bigger enough for my 6.7 inch phone, compared to any other ones & enviro ones would be lucky to fit a iPhone 5 into
- They've got power

Cons 
- Seats were very hard
- Seats were quite high
- NSA Screens for wheelchairs blocks the entire view 
- NSA are really loud, they were only on for like 15 mins and I already had a headache 
- Seats facing backwards are quite awkward, should have been flipped
- Poor Level of Openable Windows 

I really hope GNE don't buy any more yutongs.
Site Administrator
Electric vehicles
(31 Jan 2023, 9:02 pm)Unber43 wrote So I tried a Q3 for the first time the other day and... 

Pros 
- I like how you can shut the vents above you 
- Wireless Charging Ports are bigger enough for my 6.7 inch phone, compared to any other ones & enviro ones would be lucky to fit a iPhone 5 into
- They've got power

Cons 
- Seats were very hard
- Seats were quite high
- NSA Screens for wheelchairs blocks the entire view 
- NSA are really loud, they were only on for like 15 mins and I already had a headache 
- Seats facing backwards are quite awkward, should have been flipped
- Poor Level of Openable Windows 

I really hope GNE don't buy any more yutongs.

GNE seem to be quite happy with their Yutongs, and with an increased focus on fleet standardisation, they would probably need considerable reason to make the switch to another manufacturer.

(31 Jan 2023, 9:07 pm)Dan wrote GNE seem to be quite happy with their Yutongs, and with an increased focus on fleet standardisation, they would probably need considerable reason to make the switch to another manufacturer.

They do seem quite reliable you're right. Maybe just not the greatest for passengers, the seats are like sitting on bricks.
(31 Jan 2023, 9:02 pm)Unber43 wrote Wireless Charging Ports are bigger enough for my 6.7 inch phone, compared to any other ones & enviro ones would be lucky to fit a iPhone 5 into

I have the opposite problem, I have a Galaxy Z Flip4 and it's too small for the chargers!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
(01 Feb 2023, 11:30 am)JP6004 wrote Post on Skyscraper City seems to confirm that funding has been awarded for 14 electric DDs for the 21

Its 18 not 14, page is wrong, Dan confirmed

18 deckers alongside:

Stagecoach: 20 single decks for E1, E2 and E6

Arriva: 13 double and 1 single deck for 43, 44, 45 and 47

Thread here:

https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...p?tid=4219&page=3
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Electric vehicles
(01 Feb 2023, 5:42 pm)itsadam wrote Does Riverside even have the capacity for more charge points for new EVs?

I think it was said when they built it that it has capacity for 30 buses. They’ve already got 18 so that would leave 12 empty bays if all are in use at the same time so they may need a few more.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
(02 Feb 2023, 7:09 pm)F114TML wrote Given they've trialled a leccy streetdeck (twice?) I'm guessing it'll be those.
I see them trialling multiple different deckers before they send an order in.
(31 Jan 2023, 9:07 pm)Dan wrote GNE seem to be quite happy with their Yutongs, and with an increased focus on fleet standardisation, they would probably need considerable reason to make the switch to another manufacturer.

Turned out to be very high quality - perhaps a Chinese product bucking the trend. Wouldn't criticize seats as they offer good form for damaged spines. charge pockets can take a S22 Ultra, most cant.

One thing I love about the Yutongs is their acceleration.
With the Yutongs why is one side of the doors have stripes on it also with the 53/54 ones when I got off on one the other day I almost walked straight into the mirror. It's like almost halfway over the door closest to the windscreen.
(04 Feb 2023, 9:58 pm)nova347 wrote With the Yutongs why is one side of the doors have stripes on it also with the 53/54 ones when I got off on one the other day I almost walked straight into the mirror. It's like almost halfway over the door closest to the windscreen.

Stripes on the doors is a demister
Views and Opinions are my own